UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Hampshire Game Thread

That was me Alum 72. I checked the box score after the game and saw that he was one of the refs. I remember in the home game against UNH that he was absolutely horrible and did not call one foul against UNH in the entire second half.

That was me Alum 72. I checked the box score after the game and saw that he was one of the refs. I remember in the home game against UNH that he was absolutely horrible and did not call one foul against UNH in the entire second half.

Another question is whether he was one of the refs who did the game when we lost to UNH at home last year?

Another question is whether he was one of the refs who did the game when we lost to UNH at home last year?

No refs last years home game vs UNH were :

Officials: Paul Faia, Jeff Bryant, Jack Sweeney

Second straight road win; great game!

My thoughts:

I. On Maine

Is anyone else worried about our road trip to Maine coming up in a few weeks? Maine has now won 5 straight (including a win at Vermont) since losing to us a few weeks ago. I believe Maine was the preseason #2 pick in the America East Conference, and they aren't that far off from third place (1 game). Maine is two games behind us, and they still get us at their place.

I think our toughest four games this year were/are: at Vermont, at B.U., at Binghamton (simply because it's a rivalry game), and at Maine. So far, we're 1-2 in those games, with the Maine game coming up. I think our home game against Vermont would probably be the fifth most challenging game on our schedule (and right now, the most important).

II. On Vermont

Vermont, on the other hand, still has some of its most challenging games coming up: at Albany, at Maine, and at Boston University (those are road games for Vermont at the Conference's #2,#3, and #4 teams)! UNH at Vermont this Wednesday night could be an interesting matchup. UNH is tough, and I would imagine that's a rivalry for those schools, no?

III. On A.E. Final Standings Prediction

Last year, I believe we finished at 13-3, with Binghamton on our heels at 12-4. It wouldn't surpise me to see a 1-2 finish this year between UA and VMT with those same records (with the order yet to be determined). My prediction for the year is UAlbany and Vermont tied for first with 13-3 records (with us giving Vermont another loss when we play them at home; with Vermont losing at Maine or at B.U.; and with us losing to Maine at their place).

If we beat Maine at their place, however, I predict that we win the A.E. with a 14-2 record (with Vermont going 13-3). If we lose to Maine, then I predict a tie with Vermont at 13-3. Both predictions assume we hold the line at home against Vermont and win that game. If we lose that game, we pretty much lose our shot, of course, at the regular season crown.

IV. On Post-Season A.E. Play

I don't know whether the teams are "reseeded" after the quarterfinal round on Saturday at the America East Tournament, but, if not, I sure don't want to go into that Tourney as a #2 seed looking at playing Maine (#3 or #4) or B.U. (#3 or #4) on Sunday (assuming all higher seeds win on Saturday). Getting that #1 seed would probably mean that we look at playing UNH, UMBC, or Hartford on Sunday at the A.E. Tournament as opposed to B.U. or Maine --- a big difference.

Second straight road win; great game!

My thoughts:

I. On Maine

Is anyone else worried about our road trip to Maine coming up in a few weeks? Maine has now won 5 straight (including a win at Vermont) since losing to us a few weeks ago. I believe Maine was the preseason #2 pick in the America East Conference, and they aren't that far off from third place (1 game). Maine is two games behind us, and they still get us at their place.

I think our toughest four games this year were/are: at Vermont, at B.U., at Binghamton (simply because it's a rivalry game), and at Maine. So far, we're 1-2 in those games, with the Maine game coming up. I think our home game against Vermont would probably be the fifth most challenging game on our schedule (and right now, the most important).

II. On Vermont

Vermont, on the other hand, still has some of its most challenging games coming up: at Albany, at Maine, and at Boston University (those are road games for Vermont at the Conference's #2,#3, and #4 teams)! UNH at Vermont this Wednesday night could be an interesting matchup. UNH is tough, and I would imagine that's a rivalry for those schools, no?

III. On A.E. Final Standings Prediction

Last year, I believe we finished at 14-2, with Binghamton on our heels at 13-3. It wouldn't surpise me to see a 1-2 finish this year between UA and VMT with those same records (with the order yet to be determined). My prediction for the year is UAlbany and Vermont tied for first with 13-3 records (with us giving Vermont another loss when we play them at home; with Vermont losing at Maine or at B.U.; and with us losing to Maine at their place).

If we beat Maine at their place, however, I predict that we win the A.E. with a 14-2 record (with Vermont going 13-3). If we lose to Maine, then I predict a tie with Vermont at 13-3. Both predictions assume we hold the line at home against Vermont and win that game. If we lose that game, we pretty much lose our shot, of course, at the regular season crown.

IV. On Post-Season A.E. Play

I don't know whether the teams are "reseeded" after the quarterfinal round on Saturday at the America East Tournament, but, if not, I sure don't want to go into that Tourney as a #2 seed looking at playing Maine (#3 or #4) or B.U. (#3 or #4) on Sunday (assuming all higher seeds win on Saturday). Getting that #1 seed would probably mean that we look at playing UNH, UMBC, or Hartford on Sunday at the A.E. Tournament as opposed to B.U. or Maine --- a big difference.

teams are not "reseeded". straight bracket.

Archived