UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

tie breaker

Even if we beat Vermont in a few weeks, as of right now, they would have the tiebreaker for #1 seed and home court advantage, based on their loss to Maine having more standings value than our loss to Binghamton. As a Great Dane fan, I am rooting for the Bearcats the rest of the way (except on Saturday).

as of 2/4--we should all join the Al Walker Fan Club.

It is easier to root for Albany to win all of there games and to root for Vermont to lose 2 more games. Forget rooting for Vestal!

Lets not worry about Vermont until 2/11 when we play them. We got 4 conference games to worry about before then. If we win all of our games the Worst we can do is a tie for first. There are still a lot of games left, so I would expect everyone to lose at least one more game.

I agree; we're only half-way through the schedule (well, we've played 9 games; VMT. has played 8 games of their 16). Vermont has some real tough games ahead, as they play the Conference's #2, #3, and #4 teams all on the road (Albany, B.U., and Maine, respectively). They also play the Conference's #5 team, UNH, at home soon. Lots of ball to be played still.

• 2 weeks later...

Although my understanding was to the contrary, Singelais blog sums it up as follows:

The winner of Sunday’s game has the inside track on the No. 1 seed in the America East Tournament, which means homecourt advantage in the championship game.

If Vermont beats UAlbany, the Catamounts would own the tiebreaker by virtue of a regular-season sweep of UAlbany. Vermont beat the Great Danes 75-66 in Burlington on Jan. 13.

On the other hand, if UAlbany beats Vermont, the Great Danes would own the tiebreaker based on record against league teams in descending order of finish. UAlbany has swept Maine, which is in fourth place, and Vermont has lost a game to the Black Bears.

Of course if UVM beats Albany, there is no tie unless somebody else beats Vermont

Which means---this is a MUST win game.

In reality, for us to finish in First...and get to the NCAA's via the AE CHAMPIONSHIP....we have to go undefeated.

Not too much pressure on a bunch of 18-22 year olds. :rolleyes:

Even if we dont win the regular season...I am still proud of this team.

Archived