UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC vs. UAlbany, 01/31 (Wednesday)

UMBC vs. UAlbany:

Looks like senior Mike Housman has been UMBC's best player recently, leading the team in scoring each of the past three games for UMBC (15.0 ppg). UMBC played a relatively quality non-conference schedule, losing to Michigan by 12 in Ann Arbor and losing by 22 to Marquette in Milwaukee. In Conference action they have road wins at Binghamton and Stonybrook. Their other three wins came at home against Hartford, UNH, and Binghamton. Looks like UMBC has a really tough second-half schedule ahead of them, playing, among other teams, at UAlbany, at Vermont, at UNH, and at Hartford (plus Boston University at home).

Wednesday Night in the America East:

Of note, this is UMBC's best record in the America East Conference after nine games, with their current record set at 5-4. UMBC is currently tied with Maine in 4th place in A.E. action, and I'm sure they are anxiously waiting the outcome of Wednesday night's big showdown between Boston University and Maine for third place (let's hope that our matchup and with UMBC produces a favorable outcome, making the winner of Maine vs. B.U. irrelevant for UMBC).

Also Wednesday night is the key matchup between UNH and Vermont (at Vermont I believe). Let's hope UNH can rebound after two tough close losses.

Can anyone remember the last time we had a 27 point halftime lead?

Other than maybe last year's AE Championship game I don't know that I've seen this team play so well. I had to keep reminding myself that this was against the #4 team in the conference.

Anyone know what happened to Connelly? I saw him limping at halftime and then he didn't play again the rest of the game. Looked like his leg was wrapped up.

12 different players scored, Bauman was the exception (knock down those free throws) and 10 had rebounds.

BTW - A question for those wearing wigs in the CU. Do you take the wig off or leave it on during the national anthem? I saw both ways tonight.

BTW - A question for those wearing wigs in the CU. Do you take the wig off or leave it on during the national anthem? I saw both ways tonight.

ALWAYS take it off! I'm an American before I'm a fan. Though I can kinda understand the ones who don't..it doesn't exactly feel like a hat when you have it on.

All-around fun game tonight, which was set up by the most quality food of the semester at the Varsity Club function.

I loved seeing Ross get good minutes tonight, and I do not remember Hodges getting any points when Ross was guarding him. It is my belief that the coaching staff wanted to give Ross minutes tonight in preparation for Boise State. As an ex-WACcer (insert punchline here), Ross is looking to get significant minutes in Boise, particularly now that he shut down Hodges.

All I gota say is wow...things are certainly coming together. We keep improving, this is the time to play your best ball and our boys are doing their thing. Carl Ross was the man today, this was the first time I saw what coach Brown was saying about him (lock down defender) as he was unconscious on the defensive end and really shut down Hodges. Can't wait for this weekend.

How much does will brown make a year, since he signed his new deal?

IMHO, not enough. He and his staff have brought pride and name recognition to the school. Furthermore, we all know we are not competing for a national championship in most years (if ever), however he constantly brings "GOOD PEOPLE" into the Albany program. The kids embrace the town and school and, in turn, they have been embraced by the same.

Wth the talk of the CAA (I think this is NOT what tomorrow is about), I would welcome it because there would be some financial resources available via media, better games, etc....to pay Will more!!!!! Enough to keep him happy...and keep him home!!!!

Archived