UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stony Brook

Non-rush hour, I can get to Manhattan in about 2 hours flat; can anyone tell me how far Stonybrook is from, let's say, the George Washington Bridge (I've only been to Strong Island 3 times in my life, and 2 of those times were for Mets' games)? Any suggested routes to take, or tips to be aware of, other than what mapquest would provide? Thanks!

Non-rush hour, I can get to Manhattan in about 2 hours flat; can anyone tell me how far Stonybrook is from, let's say, the George Washington Bridge (I've only been to Strong Island 3 times in my life, and 2 of those times were for Mets' games)? Any suggested routes to take, or tips to be aware of, other than what mapquest would provide? Thanks!

If you hit zero traffic whatsoever, hour and 20 minutes from there to Exit 62 of the LIE. However, I have NEVER met anybody who has taken that route from Albany to there because of the tolls (which between the Thruway, GWB, and Triboro can top $15) and traffic. Instead, they go around most of the City.

The way I've most commonly seen is this. It's the same basic way I've taken to see my family in that general area dozens of times before.

• Take the Thruway (87) south to Newburgh and the I-84/Route 300 exit.
  • Via Route 300, get to I-84 east and take that until the I-684 exit in Brewster.
  • Take I-684 until its end in White Plains and then bear onto I-287 East
  • At 287's end in Port Chester, exit onto I-95 south
  • Stay on I-95 as it passes through the Bronx. Don't exit when 95 exits, follow the road (at that point I-695) to the Throgs Neck Bridge where it becomes I-295.
  • After crossing the Throgs Neck, take the Cross Island Parkway until the exit for I-495. Take 495 east until Exit 62 (Suffolk County Route 92).
  • On Suffolk County 92, head northbound and follow signs until the Stony Brook campus.

A simpler way would be to stay on 87 until it crosses the Tappan Zee Bridge, then take 287 and follow the above, however it's more in tolls than the above (by about $4-5, most of which is the toll for the Tappan Zee. Both come out to be slightly longer in actual distance, but the difference is made up in avoiding the traffic in Manhattan and in lesser tolls so they are probably the same time wise and could actually be quicker depending on time of day.

I will be there for the 5th straight year since I live 15 minutes from SB. Of course last year was the first win in the 4 years I have been going and SB always gives us fits at their place. We sruggled to win last year with Jamar having zero field goals for the game. Levi bailed us out with 14 points. My son looks forward to this game every year. We'll be sitting behind behind the Dane bench as usual. Look forward to seeing some of the posters if you can make it down.

Will be there

and looking forward to it

just me and asp girl so far

anyone else want in...we may be hangin out with friends before/after the game

let me know

i tried to get courtside tix

but no look there

haven't been to the revamped arean at SB yet

but i imagine you can still move down once you get in

Will be there

and looking forward to it

just me and asp girl so far

anyone else want in...we may be hangin out with friends before/after the game

let me know

i tried to get courtside tix

but no look there

haven't been to the revamped arean at SB yet

but i imagine you can still move down once you get in

anyone need directions on how to get there once ur on campus or how to get to the campus from the lie

let me know

MsBlueHen should give me the green light to be a go for the game on the SeaMonkey Campus.

I'll be leaving from East Meadow (Nassau County). If you need a lift drop me a PM.

TO those of us already on LI-

WHERE ARE WE WATCHING THE GAME TOMORROW NIGHT?

SSS!

Looks like this game will be available online via the SBU athletics site. Go to http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/pla...amp;media=15694

or just click on the TV icon on the Albany or Stony Brook schedule on the AE web site. Looks like the minimum subscription is $6.95 for one month. Once again, cancel within 30 days or you'll get charged for another month.

I'm not sure if they would broadcast any early tournament games in case we get matched with the Brook, so you may not want to cancel until after the tournament since it's within 30 days. I know AE-TV is broadcasting the semi-finals.

S$

Looks like this game will be available online via the SBU athletics site. Go to http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/pla...amp;media=15694

or just click on the TV icon on the Albany or Stony Brook schedule on the AE web site. Looks like the minimum subscription is $6.95 for one month. Once again, cancel within 30 days or you'll get charged for another month.

I'm not sure if they would broadcast any early tournament games in case we get matched with the Brook, so you may not want to cancel until after the tournament since it's within 30 days. I know AE-TV is broadcasting the semi-finals.

S$

Archived