UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

you choice: gifford or yocum?

In your opinion:  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok i went to SB last night. even though we had the game in hand and we were crusing, we stil dont have a strong all around big middle man. i know all you fans like gifford and give him the freshman excuse. but i think last nights game said different. point in case, 2 min mark in the second half when gifford travels at a open layup. i am almost sorry for the kid but you cant let a open layup go like that. now i saw yocum in the exhibition game against laval, he has a pretty nice hook shot. i would like to see yocum have a chance to get more minutes and produce. please vote on the topic poll. thanks

side note: i know jimmy is a starter but when he is not producing who would you put in.

I voted for Yocum. My reasoning is a little different. I've seen a fair amount of Gifford and certainly expect to see more of him. Yocum, we have seen very little of. He seems to gather a fair amount of boards in his limited minutes, but it is usually against second and third team guys on the other side.

Nothing says down the road you can't have a 6'11" center and a 6'9" forward.

Pretty tough comparison. What Yocum did in an exhibition game vs. Gifford in a conference road game is like comparing apples and kiwis.

They're both on the same team so it doesn't need to be Yocum OR Gifford it should be Yocum AND Gifford. As we'll say in the future, "remember when we went to the NCAA's four straight years when Yocum and Gifford were here?"

Pretty tough comparison. What Yocum did in an exhibition game vs. Gifford in a conference road game is like comparing apples and kiwis.

They're both on the same team so it doesn't need to be Yocum OR Gifford it should be Yocum AND Gifford. As we'll say in the future, "remember when we went to the NCAA's four straight years when Yocum and Gifford were here?"

It would be nice next season to have Covington, Gifford and Yocum. A nice trio to bang on the likes of Lazar

Mr. Connelly can join in too.

Yocum looks more comfortable when he is in the game. He looks like a player. Gifford looks uncomfortable compared to Yocum. In the game against SB Gifford traveled when he could have had an easy 3 point play. He needs to get used to having the ball. Yocum has look of a player who can become a force at both ends of the court

It will be interesting to see who gets the green light next year. Personally I think Gifford is going to come on strong next year. Give him a summer to fill into his body and gain some confidence going into next year. I'm just glad we have a lot of depth, I think as of right now we will be in the top three in conference. As much as losing Jamar and Jason will hurt the talent coming in (Raffa, Ambrose, and Allen), along with Iati, Covington, Lillis and Wilson; as well as the continue development of Anderson, Yocum and Gifford the future looks good.

I'm more curious as to what people think about Ross and Knight. Ross just seems to be a roll player on defense; his offensive game is still a mystery to me even after one full regular season. Knight just seems to be a sharp shooter, I have not seen enough off him to make any type of judgment on his ability.

Archived