UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transforming Patrick Gym into The SEFCU

So I was thinking... We need to transform Patrick Gym as much into the SEFCU Atmosphere as possible....I know last year, someone had a Giant UAlbany flag that they would run around with... (Broke the pole at one point lol!)... The pole is easily replaced at any Wal*mart or Craft Store.. Maybe that could make a return....Growl towels, (since they gave us 2381247247247545634834934834 of them during the regular season....or any other Purple and Gold Apparatus....Face paint... (looking for some of that myself)...

infinite Dane Spirit...

I think we're gonna get this done.. The danes are hungry and they want to get it done! :)

So I was thinking... We need to transform Patrick Gym as much into the SEFCU Atmosphere as possible....I know last year, someone had a Giant UAlbany flag that they would run around with... (Broke the pole at one point lol!)... The pole is easily replaced at any Wal*mart or Craft Store.. Maybe that could make a return....Growl towels, (since they gave us 2381247247247545634834934834 of them during the regular season....or any other Purple and Gold Apparatus....Face paint... (looking for some of that myself)...

infinite Dane Spirit...

I think we're gonna get this done.. The danes are hungry and they want to get it done! :)

I think we should stay away from the color gold and much as possible and opt for purple when possible! I wore gold to the SATURDAY games in Boston, and I blended in with all the Vermont people, who seem to wear much more gold than green. So, I'm wearing as much purple as possible. Thoughts?

For what it's worth, UVM is giving out white rally towels to their fans for the game.

Good call...I read that too. They are also requesting GOLD.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR PURPLE (I have to dig around for a greek week shirt that is purple).

For what it's worth, UVM is giving out white rally towels to their fans for the game.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR PURPLE (I have to dig around for a greek week shirt that is purple).

People might not know this, but Steve and Berries in Colonie Center carries a whole line of UA Danes sweatshirts, t-shirts etc. All in purple and I think even some in gold. Best place in town to get UA gear other then the store, actually the selection is much better at S&B. Cheap to....T's are like 5 or 6 bucks.

People might not know this, but Steve and Berries in Colonie Center carries a whole line of UA Danes sweatshirts, t-shirts etc. All in purple and I think even some in gold. Best place in town to get UA gear other then the store, actually the selection is much better at S&B. Cheap to....T's are like 5 or 6 bucks.

PURPLE only! no WHITE Or GOLD!!!

The Band is going up, right?

If so, they have the chance to play a decent role. I'm not sure whether there is an actual rule that prohibits bands from playing against the loud-speaker, but they rarely do it. If it isn't a real rule, playing at almost every break could help keep the (non-die-hard) UA fans involved (the rest of us won't need it).

This is especially true since UVM doesn't have a band at all, so our band playing something with rhythm - even just the tuba guy doing UA, UA-UA-UA, UA, UA - might help keep the Vermonsters from getting everyone together on the "U-V-M" or "Go Cats Go" chants.

They did not have a band for their home game earlier this year or in Boston and, when I asked the UVM fans sitting behind me at Boston whether they had a band, I got a sort of a scoff and a "no."

The site you linked to hasn't been updated this school year, and it was created and is "maintained" by an '05 grad who is working in MA now, so maybe the band died with him.

So if Albany wears Purple and Vermont wears gold... the Overall Atmosphere will be Purple and Gold... Supporting UAlbany.. :) muahahahaha :P

Yeeah! :D

Yeah, the Steve and Barry's place is great for cheap t-shirts. My buddy who is attending the game on Saturday just picked up his t-shirt. If nothing else, wear a purple sweater or t-shirt. If you want to wear a shirt instead of a t-shirt, go to Express in the Crossgates mall. They have a ton of solid (and non-solid) purple shirts there, and they are currently on sale for $29.99, I believe. I laugh again at the Bingo fans who chanted "you wear purple," as most fashionable people are wearing purple these days. Like I said in a post around the BPG, have they been inside a clothing store recently? There is purple all over the place!!

That's HUGE if UVM has no band. Our band rules. Also, I'll take this posting opportunity to thank the male and female cheerleaders. They are fantastic, yet they don't always get the mention that they should. What they do takes a lot of effort and energy! So many times, they go out and cheer and/or perform routines, only to get back the blank stare of us fans (myself included). They try to get us going, yet we stare back many times. They do a HECK of a job not just in their cheering but in their demonstration of athleticism as well!!! Cheerleaders: Keep up the great work, and help us out on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Archived