UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NEW ATHLETIC WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING

GreatDanes06

I'm already pretty satisfied, as it's a substantial improvement from the previous website! IMHO, the new website is simply awesome! I like how it isn't too cluttered and full of stuff making it difficult to navigate. For example, I like the easy access to tickets and photos. The squarish lettering is easy on the eyes too. UA comes through again! The link to the website will be perpetually affixed to my "Links" bar in MS Internet Explorer. :)

Webcasts and the quick posting of scores, etc. (i.e, the ticket atop the screen) would be fantastic as well.

I'm very impressed, it's a huge leap forward from the old 3rd grader designed site of the past. Not a huge fan of ads especially one that large but it is of to the right, it costs money to upkeep stuff like this. Obviously since they are still moving a bunch of stuff either has no contact or is a dead link but it looks great.

SWEEETTT!

IMO, the site is fine - what will make the site good or great is the content.

A couple of years back, an online store opened and closed after about a year. This past year, online ticketing was attempted and while it wasn't great it seemed to work OK until basketball season when it was shut down.

IMO, those things need to be fixed and if they add real time streaming, photos and keep everything updated (media guides for example) then I will say it's a great site.

I have to be honest here...i think the new site is crappy. It could be that I use Firefox and its not formatted for firefox. I'll have to wait and try and open it in IE somewhere.

I think that it may be a resolution and/or browser issue for you. Industry standard is apparently 800 x 600 for web pages, yet UA's new page is designed for a much higher resolution and wider screen. What I mean is that if you have a PC that is at 800 x 600 resolution, you should not have to scroll to the RIGHT to see portions of the screen, yet with the new site, this is what you must do. Somewhat of a design flaw, but IMHO, who the heck uses 800 x 600 resolution anymore? With all the LCD monitors out now, that resolution is dying fast. And the people with CRT monitors only have 800 x 600 resolution if they are half blind or have a GPU (video card) from the Windows 98 era.

Honestly, I think if we have a safe and secure and reliable way to order tickets online, then our tickets sales will go up. Just a gut feeling of mine ... . Being able to point and click for tickets makes it so much easier for the fan to buy tickets, and thus, with less effort involved, the easier it will be for people to buy tickets. Yes, I know they could place a call to the ticket office or show up in person, but to many, those actions require more effort for the computer geeks of the world (like myself). And there isn't always someone on the phone (or they are on the other line) at the ticket office. Many, many times I've called and no one has been available to take the call (probably because they were so busy taking other orders!).

I have to be honest here...i think the new site is crappy. It could be that I use Firefox and its not formatted for firefox. I'll have to wait and try and open it in IE somewhere.

I think that it may be a resolution and/or browser issue for you. Industry standard is apparently 800 x 600 for web pages, yet UA's new page is designed for a much higher resolution and wider screen. What I mean is that if you have a PC that is at 800 x 600 resolution, you should not have to scroll to the RIGHT to see portions of the screen, yet with the new site, this is what you must do. Somewhat of a design flaw, but IMHO, who the heck uses 800 x 600 resolution anymore? With all the LCD monitors out now, that resolution is dying fast. And the people with CRT monitors only have 800 x 600 resolution if they are half blind.

Honestly, I think if we have a safe and secure and reliable way to order tickets online, then our tickets sales will go up. Just a gut feeling of mine ... . Being able to point and click for tickets makes it so much easier for the fan to buy tickets, and thus, with less effort involved, the easier it will be for people to buy tickets. Yes, I know they could place a call to the ticket office or show up in person, but to many, those actions require more effort for the computer geeks of the world (like myself). And there isn't always someone on the phone (or they are on the other line) at the ticket office. Many, many times I've called and no one has been available to take the call (probably because they were so busy taking other orders!).

I thought that too...but my resolution is 1024 x 768 and I tried viewing in both Firefox and IE to no avail. I'm sure the site will be great eventually. And content is much more important. I just hope its updated quickly!

Archived