UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE Mens Lax Tournament

Courtesy: America East Communications

By virtue of Stony Brook's win over Binghamton on Saturday night, Albany (11-1, 4-0 America East) has clinched the top seed and the right to host the 2007 America East Men's Lacrosse Championship on May 3 and 5.

The four-team tournament will get underway on Thursday, May 3 with semifinal action at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. The title game will be played on Saturday, May 5 at 1 p.m.

UMBC (8-4, 3-1) and Binghamton (3-8, 2-2) have both also clinched berths to the conference tourney, but their seedings are to be determined.

Stony Brook (7-3, 2-2) and Hartford (2-11, 1-3) are vying for the fourth spot in the tournament. By virture of their head-to-head win over the Seawolves, the Hawks can earn the final bid to the tourney with a win on Saturday over Vermont AND a victory by UMBC over Stony Brook.

The Seawolves control their own destiny as a win over UMBC would solidify their spot in the tournament. Hartford's only way to get in is if the above scenario holds true.

Complete tie-breaking procedures are listed below. Stay tuned to AmericaEast.com on the final day of the regular-season, Saturday, April 28, as the playoff scenarios unfold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The temporary bleachers have been delivered and are being assembled this afternoon.

Some snow fences have been placed around the seats on the hill - are they trying to establish crowd control so they can charge admission?

Danes turn focus to tournament title - Times-Union

Team will wear gold jerseys tonight. Queener, Levine and two defensemen back from injuries.

Fallon Field with full bleachers at night would be a great photo-op for some student in the penthouse of Mohawk Tower tonight. Or for the content manager of the University web site, to replace the picture of Varsity Field for lacrosse.

UAlbany beats UMBC by one goal, 15-14.

Close one!

That was an exciting match!! A little too close at the end there, especially considering UMBC scored 6 times in the 4th, but so what --- a win is a win!

Yesterday's game was the first LAX match that I've seen in my life, and I really enjoyed it! If there is anyone else on this forum that also has not seen a LAX game, I encourage you to try to catch one, whether it be the playoffs this year or a game next year. The action is fast, and it's not a very complicated game to figure out because many of the rules are same, or close to the same, rules that you will see in other sports (i.e., out-of-bounds).

Archived