UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ALBANY IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT WILL TAKE ON...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GKQXBGAVCGLXTLV.20050910221004.jpg

Baum Stadium at George Cole Field

"In 2003, Baseball America ranked Baum Stadium as the second best collegiate baseball stadium in the country. The survey was conducted prior to the additions of natural grass, luxury boxes and the new scoreboard." It seats close to 11,000. This is Arkansas's stadium, and I would imagine since they're hosting we're going to play here.

Arkansas in Fayetteville

With Oklahoma State and Creighton.

wow, I am a little surprised. They play #7 seed, meaning they are 58th in the seeding

Maybe travel had something to do with it? I could only find one team we're rated ahead of - Prairie View. RPI The third-place team from the 24th-rated conference, I'm surprised we're not rated lower.

In another thread I mentioned pitching depth. ESPN said Arkansas' three starting pitchers only gave up two runs total in the SEC tournament.

http://slog.cstv.com/touchingthebases/2007...yetteville.html

It's been announced that CSTV will be televising exclusively the NCAA Baseball Regional this coming weekend at the University of Arkansas from famed Charlie Baum Stadium in Fayetteville. The weekend features the University of Arkansas, Oklahoma State University, Creighton, and Albany (NY) and will kick off with a Friday doubleheader at 3:30 PM ET and 7:30 PM ET followed by the same doubleheader times on Saturday and Sunday, with Game 7, if necessary on Monday night at 8:30 PM ET.

http://slog.cstv.com/touchingthebases/2007...yetteville.html

It's been announced that CSTV will be televising exclusively the NCAA Baseball Regional this coming weekend at the University of Arkansas from famed Charlie Baum Stadium in Fayetteville. The weekend features the University of Arkansas, Oklahoma State University, Creighton, and Albany (NY) and will kick off with a Friday doubleheader at 3:30 PM ET and 7:30 PM ET followed by the same doubleheader times on Saturday and Sunday, with Game 7, if necessary on Monday night at 8:30 PM ET.

Albany "(NY)". This is ridiculous. Someone needs to be slapped in the face.

Albany ("NY") is ridiculous and has been for some time. I've mentioned that and people say its because there is an Albany State in Georgia.

Albany State in Georgia is not a D1 program.

When every newspaper starts saying Notre Dame ("IN"), I'll be comfortable seeing Albany ("NY") in every newspaper.

Why doesn't the Athletics Department correct this oversight with the NCAA???????????

This does not help in the marketing of the Athletics program.

Another question: Why does the new UAlbanysports.com have the "University of Albany" in the top of the browser bar???

Details matter............

Albany ("NY") is ridiculous and has been for some time. I've mentioned that and people say its because there is an Albany State in Georgia.

Albany State in Georgia is not a D1 program.

When every newspaper starts saying Notre Dame ("IN"), I'll be comfortable seeing Albany ("NY") in every newspaper.

C'mon guys. Its not going to change. Miami (FL) gets the state next to it and everybody knows who they are.

Also the NCAA bracket has St John's (NY). I would rather see Albany(NY) in the bracket than not see Albany(NY).

If SUNY followed the campus naming convention that every other major state university used, there wouldn't be any need to have brackets () following our school name. We should be "University of New York", "New York Institute of Technology", "Eastern New York" or something to that affect. If we want to call ourselves "Albany", we have to understand it's a smaller sized city that most people don't know. It doesn't help that there is an Albany in California, Oregon, Georgia, Indiana etc. etc. etc. Naming the SUNY campuses after towns is like University of Florida going by "Gainesville State", Georgia going by "Athens State" or UConn going by "UStorrs". We're a national university for the state of "New York", correct? It just doesn't make any sense using town names and as long as we stick with this nonsense we'll need the (NY).

Sorry for the vent, but I live outta state and I'm tired of explaining what a "SUNY" is (not pronounced "sunny") or that NYU isn't a state school. Kinda of a pet peave of mine.

If SUNY followed the campus naming convention that every other major state university used, there wouldn't be any need to have brackets () following our school name. We should be "University of New York", "New York Institute of Technology", "Eastern New York" or something to that affect. If we want to call ourselves "Albany", we have to understand it's a smaller sized city that most people don't know. It doesn't help that there is an Albany in California, Oregon, Georgia, Indiana etc. etc. etc. Naming the SUNY campuses after towns is like University of Florida going by "Gainesville State", Georgia going by "Athens State" or UConn going by "UStorrs". We're a national university for the state of "New York", correct? It just doesn't make any sense using town names and as long as we stick with this nonsense we'll need the (NY).

Sorry for the vent, but I live outta state and I'm tired of explaining what a "SUNY" is (not pronounced "sunny") or that NYU isn't a state school. Kinda of a pet peave of mine.

Screw them if they're too ignorant and self-centered to know that things exist differently outside the small bubble that is their life. I don't want to be known as Eastern New York State University. I go to the University At Albany, which is part of the State University of New York. If they think that NYU is a public university, instead of an overpriced private school that produces great McDonalds and Regal Cinema managers, then they've got bigger problems. Don't let the man get to you, stay SUNY, and stay proud.

We are who we are--and we are called what we are called---Be proud our Players and Coaches have had the success they have had. Most Universities wait years to get ONE sport into the NCAA Fields. Look what we have done just this year!

Men's Hoops, Volleyball, Track & Field, Softball, Men's Lacrosse all in the NCAA's. Other teams participated strongly in America East tournaments.

Sit back and soak it in. Tune in to CSTV on friday evening and watch the Baseball Danes on a National stage.

Archived