UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Basketball Roster Information Updated

Sitting at work on a Monday morning, I think I am ready to commit to a starting line-up of:

Ambrose, Lillis, Hastings, Wilson, Gifford.

Just passing the time (but after the scrimmage, there seemed to be a strong favoring for Hastings.)

I don't know how this season will go for Hastings, but IMO he stood out the most during the scrimmage. He didn't do one thing well he did allot of things well. Looked very comfortable; I like your starting lineup.

Haggy,

I think your forecasted lineup is as sensible as any. I think the Center spot is probably up in the air as any position (Turley, Gifford, and Covington).

Also, now that Carl Ross is free, who will you rally for this year? Any early predictions?

It might just be time for the "Whatchoo talking about Lillis?" shirt. Either that, or:

1) Wait for mid-season inspiration.

2) Just kick back and enjoy what promises to be an entertaining season (sans personally designed clothing).

Haggy,

I think your forecasted lineup is as sensible as any. I think the Center spot is probably up in the air as any position (Turley, Gifford, and Covington).

Also, now that Carl Ross is free, who will you rally for this year? Any early predictions?

It might just be time for the "Whatchoo talking about Lillis?" shirt. Either that, or:

1) Wait for mid-season inspiration.

2) Just kick back and enjoy what promises to be an entertaining season (sans personally designed clothing).

I like the Lillis shirt...and I think maybe you can play it off with the idea that UA is going to take a HUGE drop because we lost Siggers and Jamar....double sided shirt.

Sitting at work on a Monday morning, I think I am ready to commit to a starting line-up of:

Ambrose, Lillis, Hastings, Wilson, Gifford.

Just passing the time (but after the scrimmage, there seemed to be a strong favoring for Hastings.)

That was my prediction I put up on the AE Board a couple weeks ago..so in short, I agree.

My only hesitation about that line-up is that I'm not sure if it will be the line-up on opening day (with Brent still somewhat recovering and Hastings in a situation like Siggers was his first year). Also, this line-up might be kinda 'big' against some teams. It's definitely athletic, but having a 6' and two 6'5" guys guard Boston's strong 3 guard line-up might require some line-up adjustments...but idk how prevelant that would be.

Either way, I think that's our best starting 5, overall.

That was my prediction I put up on the AE Board a couple weeks ago..so in short, I agree.

My only hesitation about that line-up is that I'm not sure if it will be the line-up on opening day (with Brent still somewhat recovering and Hastings in a situation like Siggers was his first year). Also, this line-up might be kinda 'big' against some teams. It's definitely athletic, but having a 6' and two 6'5" guys guard Boston's strong 3 guard line-up might require some line-up adjustments...but idk how prevelant that would be.

Either way, I think that's our best starting 5, overall.

I thought I remembered you championing that line-up post-scrimmage. Hopefully by conference play roles will be more defined.

My only question would be if one of the captains is really going to be coming off the bench....

Perhaps I missed this in a previous thread, but what were the AE coaches' conference predictions for this season? For example, UAlbany was, I believe, picked to finish first last year (but I think Coach voted for Boston Univ. because you can't vote for yourself).

Perhaps I missed this in a previous thread, but what were the AE coaches' conference predictions for this season? For example, UAlbany was, I believe, picked to finish first last year (but I think Coach voted for Boston Univ. because you can't vote for yourself).

Looking at the UAlbany athletics web-site, the release for last year's coaches predictions was made on November 1st.

Watch for Josh Martin to get some decent playing time. Hard to evaluate based on a scrimmage game but I liked his decision making and I think Will likes guys with smarts to be at the point, a la Lillis.

Watch for Josh Martin to get some decent playing time. Hard to evaluate based on a scrimmage game but I liked his decision making and I think Will likes guys with smarts to be at the point, a la Lillis.

I agree....he's also looked extremely strong defending the opposing PG. His nickname isn't "scrap" for nothing.

There seemed to be a lot to like about Martin from the scrimmage. He can shoot, drive and defend. I'll always wary of freshman guards and their decision making but at some point (I dunno when) a backcourt of Martin and Ambrose are going to be hard for other teams to handle.

Just looking at the writeups from the Siena scrimmage. It seems like they had one team with their starters and the rest of their bench players. I don't recall Coach Brown doing that in the past, I always thought he had Lu and Jamar on seperate teams for example. Harder to tell for the fans (and players I guess) who the coaching staff is thinking about starting.

Archived