UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blue Ribbon: Albany

Most of the preseason stuff is "BS".

We know what we have!!!!!

If we generate offense we will be in a position to do very well, if we don't we're middle of the pack.

Like most of our past teams they should get better as the season goes on - It's not where you are at the start of the race that counts!"

Much better edition of this ESPNU UAlbany preview:

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007/10/espn...basketball.html

How can Will Brown say this is his most talented team? Albany graduated it's two players last year in Jamar and Siggers. Jamar was the best player in the history of UAlbany's program and one of the best to ever play in the Capital District. Siggers was a really good, athletic player. And Albany doesn't beat Vermont without the defense Carl Ross played on Mike Trombli in the AE Championship game.

Albany might be good this year but to say they were more talented than last year... unless the freshmen are Carmelo Anthony clones, I doubt it.

I guess we'll just trust Will on this. He seems to be a pretty good judge of talent. It's his job to get the players to play ball to get the most out of their talents. He also appears to have that knack also. As you haven't seen any of the newcomers play, how can you say it's not more talented?

MTS go back to the Siena board and stroke your master or go do some assignments for Ubiles.

How can Will Brown say this is his most talented team?

How?

Very easily. This is my most talented team.

If you read the damn article Brown knows what he has to replace and did not say this is his best team. He knows that their are "Big" shoes to fill.

What he meant (probably) was that across the board players 1-13 (or however many are on the team) this is his most talented group as a whole.

Look at who is returning. Look at the type of players that are coming in. The level of recruit we are getting is rising. Top to bottom it looks like this is a very talented unit-----it may be======= The most talented team we have had. There is great potential for this to be a solid team that competes for the conference championship.

Look at who is returning. Look at the type of players that are coming in. The level of recruit we are getting is rising. Top to bottom it looks like this is a very talented unit-----it may be======= The most talented team we have had. There is great potential for this to be a solid team that competes for the conference championship.

I agree. I think we have a lot of solid pieces coming back and some really exciting additions. Hopefully by conference play, Will has worked out all the bugs and the team is running full steam towards #3

I guess we'll just trust Will on this. He seems to be a pretty good judge of talent. It's his job to get the players to play ball to get the most out of their talents. He also appears to have that knack also. As you haven't seen any of the newcomers play, how can you say it's not more talented?

Well said Alum73. I was actually at the Knick/Pepsi/whatever they are calling it now rooting for the Saints there for the only time this season(that would be St Lawerence not Loundonville) or he would have gotten a lot less polite response saying much the same thing.

Archived