UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Blog Entry

Yeah, I noticed he was pretty critical of Gifford for one thing.

Here's to beating Iowa State and getting some momentum.

Also as clear as day about Timmy. Continues to give props to Al.....speaking of Al, I love the fact that as soon as he catches the ball on the block he goes to work and puts the shot up immediately, and they are good shots for the most part. Giff, tries to shake and bake or get better positioning after he catches the ball, but by the time he makes his move there's usually a double, a problem Al avoids by putting something up or getting rid of it quickly.

The main thing about this article that I found interesting, or very true atleast, is that no UAlbany player has been very animated/loud in game. I haven't been to a game in person this year (living in NYC) but I've seen every single game online. IMO, the bottom line is that player's like Brent and Brian seem to lead by action rather than words - and sometimes you need that personality to get loud and in someones face to the point that they realize it is time to wake up and get their acts together. It would be nice to see someone a little more vocal. It was enjoyable to see Martin pound his chest after he converted a tough layup and was fouled in the Boise game. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this is just my .02 cents.

I think that this will be NECESSARY to close a game out. Coach Brown can only do so much on the sidelines. I'm glad to hear that Iati's playing time will be cutdown, though I would have preferred that it wouldn't have had to come down to this in the first place, and it could have been a natural progress downwards. I'm glad to see that Brent will be downlow more because the last thing we need is too much 3-point shooting, especially when people aren't healthy and converting. We need to get into more of a flow and cutting down on the 3 point shooting will help that.

“I believe in we win together and we lose together,” said Brown, explaining why all the players were punished. “You find out a lot about yourselves. Who’s going to step up and get in somebody’s face? Some guys were willing to quit, as far as quit the running, because they were exhausted or hurt. So their teammates stepped up and gave them a helping hand.”

Continues to give props to Al.....speaking of Al, I love the fact that as soon as he catches the ball on the block he goes to work and puts the shot up immediately, and they are good shots for the most part. Giff, tries to shake and bake or get better positioning after he catches the ball, but by the time he makes his move there's usually a double, a problem Al avoids by putting something up or getting rid of it quickly.

I am still trying to figure out how Martin and Turley, who could both potentially be starting come conference play, could be missed by so many other schools come recruiting time.

Anybody have an idea as to how they could still be available for UA?

I am sure I must be wrong but so far I am not seeing why Turley is getting such praise. He does seem to be aggressive asking for the ball but when he gets it he does not give it up, even when nothing is there. His foot work is awful and he pretty much either travels or puts up a brick. Meanwhile, Covington and Gifford while not as athletic seem to be working their butts off "at least trying" to set screens and trying to box out and getting ready to rebound. Anybody else see it this way at all?

I am sure I must be wrong but so far I am not seeing why Turley is getting such praise. He does seem to be aggressive asking for the ball but when he gets it he does not give it up, even when nothing is there. His foot work is awful and he pretty much either travels or puts up a brick. Meanwhile, Covington and Gifford while not as athletic seem to be working their butts off "at least trying" to set screens and trying to box out and getting ready to rebound. Anybody else see it this way at all?

No, I do not.

Meanwhile, Covington and Gifford while not as athletic seem to be working their butts off "at least trying" to set screens and trying to box out and getting ready to rebound. Anybody else see it this way at all?

Gifford seems to spend too much time away from the basket. He's a post player, not perimeter.

Look at Zoellner for comparison. Even in his "formative" years he was playing under the hoop. He missed a lot of shots down there, but he was taking them, and in the end his game came good when it counted. Its hard to see how Giff's game will develop if he doesn't touch the ball down low, or get rebounds and (at least attempt) put backs.

Right now Giff's game reminds me a little of Dave Schloss, a post player who sometimes looked like his secret desire was to be a point guard. Dating myself?

:o

Continues to give props to Al.....speaking of Al, I love the fact that as soon as he catches the ball on the block he goes to work and puts the shot up immediately, and they are good shots for the most part. Giff, tries to shake and bake or get better positioning after he catches the ball, but by the time he makes his move there's usually a double, a problem Al avoids by putting something up or getting rid of it quickly.

I am still trying to figure out how Martin and Turley, who could both potentially be starting come conference play, could be missed by so many other schools come recruiting time.

Anybody have an idea as to how they could still be available for UA?

You’re kidding right?

Josh Martin 6 ppg shooting 36% from the floor

Al Turley 1.9 PPG and avg a foul every 4 min on the floor

Both players are solid AE players that will eventually be good players for Albany. Both players are at the level they belong

You’re kidding right?

Josh Martin 6 ppg shooting 36% from the floor

Al Turley 1.9 PPG and avg a foul every 4 min on the floor

Both players are solid AE players that will eventually be good players for Albany. Both players are at the level they belong

The point was that if they can potentially start as freshmen for a team that was picked #2 in the conference by the coaches. Since they obviously have some skills for this level it goes without saying that other D-I teams had interest.

I guess back-to-back NCAA tournaments and the opportunity to play for an emerging program can make a kid hold out hope that UA will call and offer.

Archived