UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ ISU (GAME THREAD!)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the ball to Covington. We did that one time and he made a nice move, and a pass to Ambrose for the score. Lets work inside to out. It'll open up the 3 ball. We've seen some terrible shots every time down the floor for the past 5 minutes since those two buckets. There is still enough time to comeback, get the ball to Turley and Covington and let them kick it back out to Iati, Wilson, Ambrose and Martin. Right now, the offensive sets that are being run have done nothing.

We need to play our best basketball the rest of the way. Down 15, with 6:13 to go. It's a shame because we put together some very good runs. We just need more consistency. The problem seems to be that we go through massive scoring droughts of huge chunks of time.

Just as I write this, we are now down by 10.

I think we will be fine without a "go-to" guy, BUT we do need more consistency and we can't just GIVE AWAY offensive sets. I think we might succeed by shortening up our bench/rotation. Brown started to do this with Hastings and I'd like to see it extend to Giff and also see some of Iati's minutes go down further. He had a decent game tonight but on defense there isn't much there and while he is a 3 pt. threat, he forces some shots sometimes. Covington is clearly a more complete college player than Gifford. Once again, a tough loss but one we were competitive in until the end. Keep in mind - only 3 seniors on this team, 2 who get a majority of playing time. SCARY. Didn't want to be 5-7 going into conference play - I thought 6-6 would be realistic, but that's a 1 game difference and i'll take it. Hopefully we can win most of our conference schedule.

With the exception of the end of the game, where we committed a few turnovers in the last few minutes, we seemed to do much better with the ball this game. However, nonetheless, there were several bad traveling calls, most notably against Turley. One of our main problems lies in that we really don't get to the line often. If Ambrose plays more consistently, this will deifnately help and against lower tier competition in the AE, we should do better. ISU shot 14 more free throws than us. This is killing us because we go through BIG droughts of scoring. It seems at times, teams go on runs, or rather we just don't score for a few minutes at a time, and we find ourselves clawing back. If we could get to the line more, stop the clock, add some easy points and keep the scoring more constant, it would help a ton. This would ensure at least, that we wouldn't have teams going on 10-0 runs.

How long before Turley or Coginton start?

Archived