UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany v. UVM

Just tuned the game on... nice to see the AE commercials - it's always good exposure. However, I am highly disappointed in the attendance. It looks EMPTY in the RACC. I know that it is the winter break for the students, but I would have hoped that there would be more of a local turnout - especially since we are playing Vermont. Though, let's see if people start to pile in in the next few minutes. It also doesn't help that the Giants are playing at the same time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just tuned the game on... nice to see the AE commercials - it's always good exposure. However, I am highly disappointed in the attendance. It looks EMPTY in the RACC. I know that it is the winter break for the students, but I would have hoped that there would be more of a local turnout - especially since we are playing Vermont. Though, let's see if people start to pile in in the next few minutes. It also doesn't help that the Giants are playing at the same time.

If I had to guess...3000 in the place. Each side is nearly full...and they sit 1500 each. We average nearly 600-800 students a game. They are gone. Team is 5-8.

3000 is not surprising and not horrible...though not great.

I just wish Ambrose would get his head together because to watch him banging down there with big men, get a rebound and put it up - getting fouled and hitting his 2 shots is IMPRESSIVE.

Agreed...and it is the problem since DAY 1. He is a great kid though.

Covington is playing with serious energy. Gifford looked ok in the beginning...but he was a little over exuberant. He needs to learn he cant bowl people over...but he had great position both trips up the floor.

Is there really 3000 there? It's been a while since I've been at the RACC so possibly I'm just underestimating how many people are really there. At one camera angle they showed, it looked like there was barely anyone in the stands. 3000 isn't bad at all. How many students can each student section hold?

Agreed...he seems a bit out of sync with his shot today. The team looks like Will laid into them and they are playing MUCH better than in past games.

I liked Hastings shooting to start the game. Kid has talent...he needs to use it.

Is there really 3000 there? It's been a while since I've been at the RACC so possibly I'm just underestimating how many people are really there. At one camera angle they showed, it looked like there was barely anyone in the stands. 3000 isn't bad at all. How many students can each student section hold?

Each side holds 1500. The endzones i think 600-750 each...for 4500 total.

Both sides look nearly full (plus my empty two seats :( ) and there are some in the endzones...i'd say 2800-3200! 300 are probably UVM fans.

Archived