UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany v. UVM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to say that this was simply a great game to be a part of...while not quite as much on the line as last March in Burlington, this one was nearly as satisfying as that one was....it had to be a long sad ride home for all those Vermonters in attendance....kudos to the Danes for digging deep to gut this one out, give Will credit for really milking the substititutions/playing offense/defense with the subs, while also trying to give guys a blow here and there, pulling kids out a few ticks short of the tv time outs to give em a longer respite,etc...nice job using a depleted bench...personally I think that in a couple of our recent "near wins" we ran out of gas...that didn't happen today...I can't imagine that Brian L won't be remembering today's game for many years to come...he was simply sensational!! Hopefully the kids will feed off this one, because all they've been lacking in my mind has been the confidence needed to close...excellent fan involvement as well...but, heck if you couldn't get involved in this one then you need to see a physician!!! Speaking of things medical....here's hoping that Josh comes out of the knee issue in a rapid and complete fashion...but hey everyone let's just enjoy this one for a few days!!! :rolleyes:

I watched the game on DVR after the Giants game ended wihtout knowing the outcome. What an exciting game!! You can tell this is a great rivalry because the players play VERY hard. You could tell the older guys especially wanted to win this won and I'm glad they did!!

I wish some of our supposed UA fans wouldn't be so critical.

If everyone played perfect, every game would be a walk over "W".

These guys just busted a gut to get a win and some of us are still acting like "our savior" Tim Ambrose is getting screwed. Look at the stat sheet he was 0-3 from the floor and had 2 turnovers in 6 minutes. In fact he is 2-12 with 3 TOs in 20 minutes for 2 AE games. He is getting the time he deserves right now. He will be a stud for us - but it is time for us to be patient with him and the coach.

Why can't we focus on a good win, Brent's double double and Lillis's 29 pts and 7 Assists.

8 guys gave us double digit minutes and a great physical effort.

UVM shot 46% from the floor, 44% from three and 76% from the FT line and we still got the "W"!!!

I think it is time to try to focus on the positive and stay away from negativity.

This team is still struggling but they put out a great physical effort and for that we should be pleased.

ooo wow...B-Conn is wwwwwwwwwaaaaayyy off today

And Giff...what the F...good to see you waking up as well. Nice game from him so far.

1. Yeah, BC had a rough day. Hey, it happens. We know he gives 110% and then some. Sometimes, the shots just don't fall. With better shooting from BC today, the game was ours without overtime, but oh well!

2. Marqus Blakely is a great athlete. How many dunks did he have today? 4? 5? I didn't get a feel for his ball-handling skills or shooting skills, but with his superior athleticism in the America East Conference, who cares. It was obvious we really couldn't stop him one on one, as he had several dunks. UVM did a suprisingly good job of recognizing the double team and finding an open man, but they screwed up a few times late (Lillis picked off one of the passes from Marqus to the opposite wing), which helped us out.

Marqus Blakely is, in my view, first-team All-Conference for the America East. Anyone agree/disagree? He's just a monster for us to deal with. Why is a guy with his athleticism not playing in the Big East? I couldn't believe he is only 6'5"!

3. Gifford looked great today! I love when he just knocked that guy over in the post! YES! MORE OF THIS! GO GET 'EM GIFFY!!!!!!!! GIVE IN TO YOUR HATE! (Star Wars reference)

4. Did anyone notice Brent Wilson played 42 minutes?!! YES! Today, he seemed to be the glue for us (as is so often the case). He seemed to always be involved on every set in some way or another.

5. I remember Ambrose got called for a charge when he drove down the left side of the lane. BS! Great move and drive. Keep at it Ambrose!!

6. 29 points? Whatcha talking about LILLIS?

Those are my immediate thoughts. I may or may not have more to follow!

ooo wow...B-Conn is wwwwwwwwwaaaaayyy off today

And Giff...what the F...good to see you waking up as well. Nice game from him so far.

1. Yeah, BC had a rough day. Hey, it happens. We know he gives 110% and then some. Sometimes, the shots just don't fall. With better shooting from BC today, the game was ours without overtime, but oh well!

2. Marqus Blakely is a great athlete. How many dunks did he have today? 4? 5? I didn't get a feel for his ball-handling skills or shooting skills, but with his superior athleticism in the America East Conference, who cares. It was obvious we really couldn't stop him one on one, as he had several dunks. UVM did a suprisingly good job of recognizing the double team and finding an open man, but they screwed up a few times late (Lillis picked off one of the passes from Marqus to the opposite wing), which helped us out.

Marqus Blakely is, in my view, first-team All-Conference for the America East. Anyone agree/disagree? He's just a monster for us to deal with. Why is a guy with his athleticism not playing in the Big East? I couldn't believe he is only 6'5"!

3. Gifford looked great today! I love when he just knocked that guy over in the post! YES! MORE OF THIS! GO GET 'EM GIFFY!!!!!!!! GIVE IN TO YOUR HATE! (Star Wars reference)

4. Did anyone notice Brent Wilson played 42 minutes?!! YES! Today, he seemed to be the glue for us (as is so often the case). He seemed to always be involved on every set in some way or another.

5. I remember Ambrose got called for a charge when he drove down the left side of the lane. BS! Great move and drive. Keep at it Ambrose!!

6. 29 points? Whatcha talking about LILLIS?

Those are my immediate thoughts. I may or may not have more to follow!

Rough game and he still had 15 points. I likes his agressive play.

I also think Blakely is one of the best in the conference. I was impressed with him last year and more impressed with him now.

Yes I agree....

GIFF, this is your faaaaatthhhhhaaa....(deep sounding breaths from Darth Vader)...give in to your inner hate and continue the progress you made today. BE A MAN CHILD!

Of course, continue to be the good kid you are off the court...but get mean in games...it works for ya!

As much of a hole Tim seems to be in, you can tell that Coach cares for him. ON the play you mention, the drive with the charge, Will pulled him out of the game and immediately grabbed him....looked like he said it wasnt a foul and keep it up...and gave him a pat on the butt!

You could see a spark of self confidence from him today. He just looks incredibly unsure of himself, he needs to stop thinking and start reacting. Now let's hope he can build on nit.....nice kid and all, just needs to become a bastard when he hits the floor.

On a side note.....does anyone know the guy who sits in section 200....that just keeps screaming "TURLEY....TURLEY.....TURLEY" or "COME ON GIFF.....COME ON GIFF.....COME ON GIFF." If you do....please tell him his chants make no sense. I mean, it goes on ALL GAME!

Well...that is my section...but I was not there today. What row is he in?

Either F or G toward the middle of the row. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hears this......the chant makes NO SENSE. I mean they'll be running up the court and he'll be screaming....TURLEY....TURLEY....TURLEY..... I just wana say to him, what are you screaming about, at least wait 'till he gets past the half court line.

Either F or G toward the middle of the row. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hears this......the chant makes NO SENSE. I mean they'll be running up the court and he'll be screaming....TURLEY....TURLEY....TURLEY..... I just wana say to him, what are you screaming about, at least wait 'till he gets past the half court line.

Huh...that is a few rows (and a few seats left) in front of me and I have not heard that chant in the past but again, I was not there tonight.

Huh...that is a few rows (and a few seats left) in front of me and I have not heard that chant in the past but again, I was not there tonight.

He isn't always there....it might be one of those things that once you tune in you can't tune out. There was a time I didn't hear it either, now it's all I can do.

Archived