UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I didn't know, but am not surprised, that Bob Ford and Tom Coughlin coached against each other - TC was at RIT

Ford glad to see old buddy Coughlin enjoying success - Gazette

In another history note, Lehigh is making DVDs of old games available to the public. Included is the Albany victory that opened our 2006 season. At $20, cheap at half the price

http://www.lehighsports.com/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=56

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article.

So UA has at least two close connections to NFL head coaches, Miami and NYG. That's amazing considering the modest nature of our program.

Hopefully between all the connections to the NFL, state politicans, business and alumni we can get that stadium. Today is budget day! To quote Bill Murray from Caddy Shack, "a little something for the effort"?

It going to be tough for me to not get fixated on this until that stadium is or isn't passed in April. It's like Christmas eve.

Great article.

So UA has at least two close connections to NFL head coaches, Miami and NYG. That's amazing considering the modest nature of our program.

Hopefully between all the connections to the NFL, state politicans, business and alumni we can get that stadium. Today is budget day! To quote Bill Murray from Caddy Shack, "a little something for the effort"?

It going to be tough for me to not get fixated on this until that stadium is or isn't passed in April. It's like Christmas eve.

That makes a few of us. I am sure Danefan, King Dane, and Ruler, among many others here...but specifically that crew...are as nervous as if we had 15 espressos at once.

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough (our first hurdle).

Budget's out..trying to hash through it..obviously the Governor's budget info doesn't get detailed enough for what we're looking for..the actual (Senate) budget bill language has some details that may prove interesting..I'd include it but it's a pdf and not a web address..

Page 452.... Capital Projects - Reappropriations - FY 08-09... "Albany - Campus Revitalization Project - $25 million" ...I'm gonna assume that's the Campus Center Project

Page 460.... Capital Projects - Reappropriations - FY 08-09... "Albany - Campus-wide Projects, Including Division I Lighting/Finishes Upgrades - $14,192,000" ...That obviously mentions athletics, though not specifically any stadium/athletics complex..but $14 million is a lot for lighting (and where do we need lighting?)

ARGHHHH...keep reading GDG...keep reading-- 14m is clearly less than 20m I heard.

We need lighting, I assume for baseball and softball. Additionally, it was about 4mm for the stands for lax/fieldhockey. I would assume this could all equal 14mm.

I would not be so sure that the 25m for Campus Revitalization does not mean stadium funds. I know normally it would not....but I had heard 20-25m for the football stadium. I trust ya, but are you sure of this?

DANEFAN-- You have an AA...they should do the NYS Bar app for you.

WAIT...I just got a thought-- Maybe they are combining the lighting and revitalization...as a way to hide it....to get to 40m dollars. From what I understand, once Albany gets the $$$ we can do as we please. That is why we got the choice to build a sculpture studio.

I have no "inside" info to believe the $25 million is NOT stadium related. Obviously the total would make sense, but, there are other line items for other SUNY campuses that would make it seem like they would have been more specific on our $25 million if it were for the stadium. They include:

Buff State - Athletic Stadium - $4 million

Canton - Convocation, Recreation, and Athletic Center - $18 million

Stony Brook - Stadium - $3 million AND Basketball Arena - $8 million

Utica/Rome - Field House - $20 million

etc...

HOWEVER...there are are items listed that specifically indicate a student union/campus center type building..

Delhi - Student Union Building - $10 million

Our "Campus Revitalization Project" seems to be the most broad/general description of a line item in this funding category.

my bad I am reading this wrong...all those thousands are actually millions...i missed the little thousands note...

GDG, that $4 million for the Buffalo St. thing was the first thing that caught my eye.

DANEFAN-- You have an AA...they should do the NYS Bar app for you.

My AA quit. Conveniently after I gave her a christmas present. HR is still interviewing to replace her. I have a floater, but she is also working for 10 other atty's right now.

I can wait, but I'd like to get it out in time for Feb. or March admission.

Archived