UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

In my mind (and maybe its just my mind...that's up for debate of course) but there are certain things that make you a division I program. Some things we just don't do and this is one of them. Its not like this is a new thing guys. Programs have been doing this for years. Its a way to give you recruits some spotlight and to keep your alumni and fan base interested in the program in the off season.

Sorry, your opinions may differ, but I know I'm not alone in my sentiments.

I feel you on this, Danefan. The school needs to upgrade the athletics promotion machine.

When we were trying to organize something for 'DEC Night' I felt like we had to press the issue to get results.

In the ticket office's defense, however, they were very proactive and organized in getting us to set up a second date (which still managed to occur without any acknowledgement whatsoever at the game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not even going to get in this one. My point has been well known within the Athletic Dept.

DI- Act it.

DIII- Play Union

I am tired of excuses.

I must say however, Rob T and the ticket office have done a FABULOUS job.

And just so everyone knows....we are one of only FIVE schools in the entire nation at the FCS level that offers athletic scholarships and has not released their signing class!

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article...articleid=90152

The other four:

Duquesne

Robert Morris

Saint Francis

Wagner

Conferences that don't offer scholarships do not participate in the National letter of intent day: Patriot, Ivy, Pioneer and former MAAC schools.

Now we are one of 4 teams that have not released:

Wagner:

http://northeastconference.org/News/fball/....asp?path=fball

Yes. My only question is that Andrew says he is the first full-scholarship player at UAlbany. Now if true, I dont mind that-- seems like a great athlete.

Note my wording-- Key athlete.

If he is coming to play QB...I am not happy. I want a passer to take us to the next level.

Yes. My only question is that Andrew says he is the first full-scholarship player at UAlbany. Now if true, I dont mind that-- seems like a great athlete.

Note my wording-- Key athlete.

If he is coming to play QB...I am not happy. I want a passer to take us to the next level.

Ha!

Let me go and check the press release to see Coach Ford's comments on Drew Smith.

Oh wait. There is no frickin' press release!

Archived