UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Softball wins AE Regular Season Title

3-0 win of Boston today. Third AE regular season title. UA will host the AE tournament. 32-15 regular season. Congrats to the team.

Congrats, Lady Danes! Boston was picked over UA in the pre-season coaches' poll. (not by much, but we'll take it.)

Bob Weiner of the Gazette recaps the softball season Danes are young, but talented

'defense plays like a bunch of freshmen'

Last year's team was young, but this year's is 'greener, and perhaps a little cocky' but talented, athletic, and with deep pitching.

UAalum,

Thanks for posting the article for several reasons.

I don't normally check out the Gazette, so it was nice that somebody had and shared it with us.

I also admittedly don't know much about this team, so it was a treat to become more acquainted with the individuals on it.

Interesting comment from the coach about playing at home during finals.

Bob Weiner of the Gazette recaps the softball season Danes are young, but talented

'defense plays like a bunch of freshmen'

Last year's team was young, but this year's is 'greener, and perhaps a little cocky' but talented, athletic, and with deep pitching.

UAalum,

Thanks for posting the article for several reasons.

I don't normally check out the Gazette, so it was nice that somebody had and shared it with us.

I also admittedly don't know much about this team, so it was a treat to become more acquainted with the individuals on it.

Interesting comment from the coach about playing at home during finals.

Bob Weiner is a University of Albany Alum, if anyone didn't know.

I love the fact this team is so young.

And love the fact the Leah McIntosh, our pitching ace, is only a sophmore.

I would strongly assume that the University is going to be adding temporary bleachers at the field for the conference tournament. I can't imagine having it with the seating that exists at the moment.

In my opinion, we should keep whatever seating is added for this tournament and leave it there.

The JFF bleacher seating should stay on the field, imo. A duplicate set of bleachers should be placed back to back with the JFF bleachers, facing the field hockey field, and left permanently. How much do you think the bleachers on JFF would cost, if bought? I assume it was rented/leased up to this point.

I'm going to limp over there on Thursday to see this team. I haven't been able to make a game yet this year.

I will be at work, but will be there Saturday to see the run for another NCAA bid.

Here is the schedule.

2008 America East Conference Softball Championship

Albany Field – Albany, N.Y.

Thursday, May 8

Game One: #1 UAlbany (32-15, AE 16-5) vs. #4 UMBC (24-27, AE 12-9), 1 p.m.

Game Two: #2 Boston U. (29-21, AE 15-6) vs. #3 Stony Brook (30-21, AE 13-8), 3:30 p.m.

Friday, May 9

Game Three: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 11 a.m.

Game Four: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2, 1:30 p.m.

Game Five: Loser Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 4 p.m.

Saturday, May 10

Game Six: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5, 12 p.m.

Game Seven: (if necessary): Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 6, 2:30 p.m.

The JFF bleacher seating should stay on the field, imo. A duplicate set of bleachers should be placed back to back with the JFF bleachers, facing the field hockey field, and left permanently. How much do you think the bleachers on JFF would cost, if bought? I assume it was rented/leased up to this point.

Somehow those temp bleachers don't feel like they'd hold up long term, but I agree there should be some permanent lax seating on that side as well. There isn't room for an exact duplicate facing field hockey, but five or six rows would give room for 800-1000 which should be more than adequate for FH.

Archived