UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Harris, from UVA, to UA?

Seems there is only one place where people think he's a schmuck - the Siena board. I'm not surprised though.

Yeh, there and a couple of Bingo posters mostly tongue in cheek though I assume. Must be the color green they both wear!

Anyone else find it ironic that KB comes out and says...."If they could they would" and coach Brown promptly goes out and gets a former Rivals top 100 player? Not gonna lie, I laughed a little!

I'm missing something here (no great surprise). Where and when was this Broadus quote about Will Harris made?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems there is only one place where people think he's a schmuck - the Siena board. I'm not surprised though.

Yeh, there and a couple of Bingo posters mostly tongue in cheek though I assume. Must be the color green they both wear!

Anyone else find it ironic that KB comes out and says...."If they could they would" and coach Brown promptly goes out and gets a former Rivals top 100 player? Not gonna lie, I laughed a little!

I'm missing something here (no great surprise). Where and when was this Broadus quote about Will Harris made?

It wasn't about Harris. See the thread "Andy Katz Chimes in about Minja" on the America East forum last month. Katz quotes Broadus

"I'm not doing this for a quick fix but trying to find the right talented players and guys I'm familiar with," Broadus said.

Broadus said that schools in the America East would recruit these players "if they could, they would." Broadus said he's using his relationships built from his time as an assistant at Georgetown and George Washington. When he first arrived at Binghamton from Georgetown, he admitted he struggled trying to grasp which players to recruit at the America East level. "

It wasn't about Harris. See the thread "Andy Katz Chimes in about Minja" on the America East forum last month. Katz quotes Broadus

"I'm not doing this for a quick fix but trying to find the right talented players and guys I'm familiar with," Broadus said.

Broadus said that schools in the America East would recruit these players "if they could, they would." Broadus said he's using his relationships built from his time as an assistant at Georgetown and George Washington. When he first arrived at Binghamton from Georgetown, he admitted he struggled trying to grasp which players to recruit at the America East level. "

Thanks, UAalum72,

As usual, you provide solid information. I had forgotten that his comment referred to the Minja episodes.

Why?

Did he say something about that community college, or is it just part of their general obsession with UA?

Bascially a lot of posters had the sentiment that the only way an ACC kid would transfer here is if he was trouble. They also equated his issue committing (Nebraska, UConn, etc...) with being a bad kid.

Not all posters. But I think the majority.

Why?

Did he say something about that community college, or is it just part of their general obsession with UA?

Bascially a lot of posters had the sentiment that the only way an ACC kid would transfer here is if he was trouble. They also equated his issue committing (Nebraska, UConn, etc...) with being a bad kid.

Not only Siena fans but also yankee who is a Marist fan.

Any word on the scholarship front?

Why?

Yup, you're right Bosiy I just went back and read it again and the catalyst was indeed a Marist fan.

Why?

Yup, you're right Bosiy I just went back and read it again and the catalyst was indeed a Marist fan.

I really like where this team is going.....a year or two from now if things pan out we could be very very strong. Obviously allot can happen between now and then but the future is very bright.

Well anyone that goes by that handle has issues. It is almost as bad as putting $iena in your handle.

And if TU article is true about Marist being one of the schools he did not select, it explains the Marist fan comments.

Well anyone that goes by that handle has issues. It is almost as bad as putting $iena in your handle.

And if TU article is true about Marist being one of the schools he did not select, it explains the Marist fan comments.

Like soup (and D96) said, had he committed to the MAAC or Marist he'd be the second coming of Charles Barkley.

Like soup (and D96) said, had he committed to the MAAC or Marist he'd be the second coming of Charles Barkley.

Thanks for the update. I had been away over the weekend for 5 baseball games and was at another one last night, so I missed some of the news.

Your observation on had he committed to the maac is right on. Others have commented on this fact in the past in prior situations. It is one of the many things I find humorous about their fans.

Archived