UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Harris, from UVA, to UA?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had guessed he'd have to pay for a year no matter where he transferred. Seems like all the schools have completed their recruiting for their year and would have no schollies to give. I thought that aspect might have given us an edge.

In any event, I'm happy he's coming to town. It'll be interesting to see what position he plays, seems like he could be a tough matchup at small forward or power forward.

Despite what I've seen on some other message boards about his character the Virginia fans really seemed to like his positive attitude - The Sabre (Harris)

Just for comparison, but Bingo's new point guard had these ratings by Rivals in 2005:

Position Ranking: 9

RivalsHoops: 2005 Rivals150 (57)

RivalsHoops: 2005 Point Guards (9)

RivalsHoops: 2005 New York top 10 (4)

Will Harris had these ratings in 2006:

Position Ranking: 21

Final Rivals150 Class of 2006 (90)

RivalsHoops: 2006 Small Forwards (21)

I know a sports writer for UVA who wrote during part of Harris' tenure there and said he was a very well liked, and was by far the most positive member of the team...he sent me this article from one of his friends which really kind of shows what kind of a good kid we're getting

http://c-ville.com/index.php?cat=199170408...030408081268438

Seems there is only one place where people think he's a schmuck - the Siena board. I'm not surprised though.

Yeh, there and a couple of Bingo posters mostly tongue in cheek though I assume. Must be the color green they both wear!

Anyone else find it ironic that KB comes out and says...."If they could they would" and coach Brown promptly goes out and gets a former Rivals top 100 player? Not gonna lie, I laughed a little!

I respect the leaster this week-- he has been pretty solid on this one and pulling no punches.

One thing I noticed was the Leaster's compilation of recruiting: Seriously...is there a recruit Coach is not involved with. The man, and his staff, are certainly EARNING their raises. It seems like they are tireless workers. It is no shock, therefore, that we end up with solid academic, basketball, and character kids.

KB seemingly is envious of that.

I respect the leaster this week-- he has been pretty solid on this one and pulling no punches.

One thing I noticed was the Leaster's compilation of recruiting: Seriously...is there a recruit Coach is not involved with. The man, and his staff, are certainly EARNING their raises. It seems like they are tireless workers. It is no shock, therefore, that we end up with solid academic, basketball, and character kids.

KB seemingly is envious of that.

KB things we should aspire to be more like Bingo, "If they could, they would"....we can and we did!

Archived