UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men and Women win on the same day

a great evening for UA basketball ... a pair of impressive AE victories ... i know there are some who will disagree with this point, but the chosen lighting arrangement for basketball games in the RACC sucks ... all of the lights were on following the finish of the second game, and it reminded me of how much better visibility was in that arena prior to the practice of spotlighting/emphasizing the court by turning down/off all other lamps above the crowd ... it is awful

so i was sitting with all the guys who cheer all the time (Flag guy). And funyn story. After the game, the AD for Hartford came over and talked to them about sportsmanship. It was really funny. Saying we should not have been bugging the cheerleaders for Hartford and chanting against one of the players, saying they suck. Everyone, even the pep-band found it very funny. The only horrible thing said was that one of the players suck. They never said anything bad to the Hartford cheerleaders. Th pep-band was funny however mocking the Hartford cheerleaders with the "U-U-U-U" chant.

Nothing wrong was done. If that AD was that upset, then she better not go to a N.Carolina vs. Duke game, because she has not heard anything yet.

To GreatDanes84 post about the Hartford AD it sounds like sour grapes on Hartford's part. I remember them bringing their cheerleaders before but their mascot too? I'm not exactly sure what they expected-maybe that we'd start rooting for Hartford. I doubt our cheerleaders would get a better reception at Hartford.

Two great games last night. We're undefeated when the Earthtones sing the national anthem this year. I was surprised to read this morning that was the largest margin of victory we've had over a D1 team-good stuff.

ESPN's Outside The Lines this morning had a segment on profane and vicious fans, including chanting 'un-em-ploy-ment' at the coach, or ragging a player whose parents both died of AIDS, as well as the common vulgarisms. Albany wasn't mentioned, so I guess we're not big time yet.

I didn't like the Hawk in the home stands, but then all mascots annoy me.

Troy Records says Harrison kept UH in the locker room for 90 min. after the game, it must still be a disgrace to lose to Albany.

Hartford AD

so i was sitting with all the guys who cheer all the time (Flag guy). And funyn story. After the game, the AD for Hartford came over and talked to them about sportsmanship. - GreatDanes84

Where was the Hartford AD at Hartford when the student section was ripping visciously into Iati?

Where was the Hartford AD at Hartford when the cheerleaders were running around trying to disconcert our FT shooters.

I can't wait till the time where we put 3-4,000 in the RACC and they all act outrageously - then I'll know that UA Hoop has arrived.

By the way I heard Coach Harrison kept Hartford in the lockerroom for an hour after the game. I was wondering if he was telling his players how they should have handled the hostile UA environment or maybe they were discussing how UA shot 54% on them in the second half.

I missed the game to go to Le Miz at Proctors, would much rather enjoy a hoop game(especially a win!).

It would be nice to see the RACC packed, but the only way that is going to happen is by winning and hopefully next year is the beginning. And the best way to start off next year will be to take down Siena!

It would be nice to see the RACC packed, but the only way that is going to happen is by winning and hopefully next year is the beginning. And the best way to start off next year will be to take down Siena! -scottotile

I think winning is what the UA staff has envisoned.

This season with Jamar healthy and an improving Pipikis and another big man in Hughes the Danes were geared for atleast double digit wins with an outside shot of reaching the .500 plateau.

Enough said the injury bug made a team lacking depth into a skeleton crew.

Next year with everyone back plus the return of Jamar, the 2 transfers and 4 solid freshman the Danes are prepped for a run at .500 or better.

As you said with winning comes fans!!!

"Build it and they will come" well I believe the staff has built the foundation for a winning program.

I am so proud of this team. Especially after the 2OT loss to Stony Brook, I thought the team would come out flat.

Furthermore, if I were in their shoes, I would probably just want the season to be over. This team has a great no-quit attitude.

Next year's "skeleton crew" should have excellent on the floor presence. They certainly have been through the wringer.

It's been a long and sometimes painful season but Saturday was a real treat. Both the men and women's team win by double digits as the students torment Howie the Hawk and then sing "Happy Birthday" to Jamar Wilson. Between games in comes the men's track team fresh from their victory in the AE championship. Then on Sunday a big win over previously undefeated Missou in baseball.

Best weekend for Danes fan in a while.