UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bingo Player Suspended, as reported on America Least Website

bosiydid - what happened at Stony Brook and Binghamton could happen anywhere so be careful and don't gloat!!!!!

What Singelais wrote is his Times Union Blog about the conversation he had with Craig Littlepage AD at UVA in regard to Will Harris is great for a character reference but it only take one dumb mistake to erase all that.

bosiydid - what happened at Stony Brook and Binghamton could happen anywhere so be careful and don't gloat!!!!!

What Singelais wrote is his Times Union Blog about the conversation he had with Craig Littlepage AD at UVA in regard to Will Harris is great for a character reference but it only take one dumb mistake to erase all that.

Patch,

I was not trying to come of gloating, true, I don't like Bing and have NO respect the KB having said that I realize that something like this could potentially happen anywhere. I was taking more of a shot at KB as I love to bust his balls rather then pass judgment on the student athlete. Making fun of KB is always a good time!

To me, it sounds like that whole Binghamton men's basketball team is in need of some serious anger management courses.

First, the coaching staff must refrain from punching other coaches.

Then Kovacevic does his thing.

Now, there's the most recent incident.

Wow! I'm glad I'm not a tutor for the team. What's the reaction when the tutor suggests it's time to hit the books? (Sorry, bad joke.)

Because it's Bing some schadenfreude is to be expected but I agree with Patch. It reminds me a little of giving Siena fans a hard time about scheduling NJIT twice in one year and then we play Bryant twice.

I have to wonder how people in Bing will be looking at this team this year. As Olddog pointed out, the news coming out of Bing Basketball has been pretty horrible the past six months or so. They've been among the league leaders in attendance the past couple of seasons and I wonder if all this stuff changes that. Not good for Bing and not really good for the conference as far as I'm concerned.

More details on the incident updated:

A Binghamton University basketball player has been suspended from the team while charges of shoplifting and assault are pending in Vestal's town court.

Advertisement

Malik Alvin, 20, was confronted by Wal-Mart security just after 2 p.m. Oct. 26 when officers said he took the contents of a box of 36 condoms without paying for them from the Vestal store, court documents say.

Alvin, a junior and newcomer to the BU team, eluded store security, but while on the run, collided in the store's foyer with a 66-year-old customer, knocking her to the floor, Vestal town court documents indicate.

Alvin pleaded innocent Thursday in Vestal town court to one count each of petit larceny and third-degree assault. Both counts are misdemeanors. Alvin remains free pending further court action.

Kevin Broadus, BU men's basketball coach, declined comment.

When the matter is resolved, Alvin may apply for reinstatement to the team, according to John Hartrick, associate athletic director for communications at BU.

Wal-Mart security told Vestal police they saw Alvin take two boxes of Trojan Magnum condoms from a store shelf.

Alvin took the condoms into a restroom and stuffed the contents of one box -- 36 condoms -- into the front pockets of his pants, documents indicate. He reportedly left the other box in the restroom.

When he attempted to leave the store, he was pursued by security. In the store's foyer, he ran into the 66-year-old woman, who was on her way into the store, documents indicate. She was knocked to the floor, sustaining a concussion, documents say.

A single box of the Trojans costs $13.94, records show.

Binghamton University offers condoms for free in Resident Assistant offices and at the Health Services office behind Hinman community.

Alvin is listed on the 2008-09 men's roster as a 6-feet, 165-pound junior from Philadelphia, who transferred to BU this summer from Chipola College, a community college in Florida.

As a freshman, Alvin played at the University of Texas-El Paso, a Division I school, where he led the team in assists, records show.

A conviction on either charge carries a fine and up to one year in jail.

Alvin is a cousin of the late Walter Payton, the famed former Chicago Bears football player.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2#pluckcomments

Because it's Bing some schadenfreude is to be expected but I agree with Patch. It reminds me a little of giving Siena fans a hard time about scheduling NJIT twice in one year and then we play Bryant twice.

I have to wonder how people in Bing will be looking at this team this year. As Olddog pointed out, the news coming out of Bing Basketball has been pretty horrible the past six months or so. They've been among the league leaders in attendance the past couple of seasons and I wonder if all this stuff changes that. Not good for Bing and not really good for the conference as far as I'm concerned.

DP, I do agree with your concept here of not giving Bingo too much grief here and I don't want to get too much off topic here, but on the scheduleWill Brown has previously stated that he would like to a play a team twice a month a part to stimulate the adjustments made by facing a team a second time like you do with conference teams. Now, granted Bryant would not have been my first choice in the team to play twice, but it is what it is. And considering the rest of the OOC schedule, there shouldn't be too many complaints.

Where the Siena fans get themselves in trouble is that they think they are so much better than the rest of the mid majors and shouldn't even be playing a first year team. Yet they played one twice just like other so called lower level teams.

Archived