UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This is how you fundraise for athletics

danefan

I actually got sick to my stomach watching this video http://www.alumni.rpi.edu/ecav/EC_Athletic_Village.wmv

This is the type of video I've been talking about and asking why UA hasn't done it. I bet that UA doesn't even have the resources to fundraise to this level for more resources.

http://www.rpi.edu/campaign/athletics.html

The football stadium will be done for the 2009 season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see RPI move to DI sports (in the Patriot League) in 10 years.

I actually got sick to my stomach watching this video http://www.alumni.rpi.edu/ecav/EC_Athletic_Village.wmv

This is the type of video I've been talking about and asking why UA hasn't done it. I bet that UA doesn't even have the resources to fundraise to this level for more resources.

url=http://www.rpi.edu/campaign/athletics.html]http://www.rpi.edu/campaign/athletics.html[/url]

he football stadium will be done for the 2009 season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see RPI move to DI sports (in the Patriot League) in 10 years.

Until very recently, I haven't heard anything about this athletic complex at all ... And the stadium is going to be ready for next season... Wow.

That video is an excellent fundraising piece. Seems like a transparent, aggressive, and confident style.

Price tage of this complex ?

When was the idea initially adopted?

How long they have been fundraising?

What other sources do they have for funding?

I'm disappointed that things are so obscure in the approach for OUR stadium.

Does anyone here think that we are doing anything BUT relying on state funding sometime in the next decade?

Guys...let's be fair here. I am critic of our Athl Dept when need be...and I do think they could have done more regarding the stadium from a mktg and publicity standpoint, however RPI and Albany in this instance are highly different.

This mktg tool is transparent in a different way than the previous poster envisions: THEY DIDNT NEED TO RAISE FUNDS. They got the largest single donation in HIGHER EDUCATION HISTORY...something like nearly 400mm dollars. A good portion of that was invested into this project.

If Albany got 400mm...bet we would have an entirely new sports complex, a biz school, and other improvements like garage parking...instantly...with money to spare for investments.

It's unfortunate that the Capitol Region is so fragmented. If UA, RPI, state and local governments would have come together they could have built a much larger community stadium. All the colleges and high schools in the area could have used it. In addition, the Capitol Region may have been able to attract a minor league team (any sport) to the area. Instead RPI and later UA will have small stadiums, which at best limits you to lower level D1.

It seems to me NYS is completely dysfunctional. If UA is going to strive and succeed, it needs to do it itself. The athletic department needs to raise or borrow the money. Waiting on NYS is a recipe for malaise.

Until very recently, I haven't heard anything about this athletic complex at all ... And the stadium is going to be ready for next season... Wow.

That video is an excellent fundraising piece. Seems like a transparent, aggressive, and confident style.

Price tage of this complex ?

When was the idea initially adopted?

How long they have been fundraising?

What other sources do they have for funding?

Was announced over a year ago, the proposal is older than that.

http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php...&hl=village

Guys...let's be fair here. I am critic of our Athl Dept when need be...and I do think they could have done more regarding the stadium from a mktg and publicity standpoint, however RPI and Albany in this instance are highly different.

This mktg tool is transparent in a different way than the previous poster envisions: THEY DIDNT NEED TO RAISE FUNDS. They got the largest single donation in HIGHER EDUCATION HISTORY...something like nearly 400mm dollars. A good portion of that was invested into this project.

If Albany got 400mm...bet we would have an entirely new sports complex, a biz school, and other improvements like garage parking...instantly...with money to spare for investments.

D96 is exactly right about RPI. Largest donation to a university in American history. I believe it was $350 million, conditioned upon its use for new buildings, etc., and was anonymous.

RPI is also in a league of it's own. It's America's first engineering school outside of the armed forces. My understanding is that back in the "day," one could only study engineering by attending, e.g., Army.

RPI's President is not afraid to tick people off, and she's done exactly that, but she seems to be doing a heck of a job and purchasing up property like crazy in Troy.

Rumor has it that Bill Gates was the possible donor. They do know it was a software person.

Maybe when SUNY fails and Paterson tries to make the SUNY campuses taxpayer-funded, low-tuitioned annexes of private schools, RPI can take UA over. That would be sweet...

I've resigned myself to the fact that the only way that anything will get done in the Vampire State, next to Upstate breaking off or counties joining other states, is a junta or a dictatorship. Absolute power corrupts absolutely but what really would be a difference between a wholly executive dictator (who would probably be pro-SUNY or at least pro-public higher education) and Paterson/Silver/Skelos? Do tell...

A- Much like Quebecois, any New Yorkers that believe they can stay relevant industry-wide without the attachment to NYC are INSANE. It would be just another New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. There would BE LESS $$$ than you can imagine.

B- SUNY isnt suffering because of alliances with NYC...or money funnelled to NYC. It suffers because of the way it is set-up...and the continued idiotic decision makers in the Legislature and Executive branches who think that having 40+ colleges makes them the best system in the country. THEY NEED TO CONSOLIDATE AND DROP TO ABOUT 25.

A- Much like Quebecois, any New Yorkers that believe they can stay relevant industry-wide without the attachment to NYC are INSANE. It would be just another New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. There would BE LESS $$$ than you can imagine.

B- SUNY isnt suffering because of alliances with NYC...or money funnelled to NYC. It suffers because of the way it is set-up...and the continued idiotic decision makers in the Legislature and Executive branches who think that having 40+ colleges makes them the best system in the country. THEY NEED TO CONSOLIDATE AND DROP TO ABOUT 25.

I hope it was clear that I was only egging you on.... :blush:

Cheers!

Archived