UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Same Old Crumby Siena Seats

Anyone notice that the UA seats at the Siena game are the same old corner, behind the basket see pretty much nothing seats. Am I wrong? I thought our new contract with them was suppose to include 500 seats behind the team?? I thought Will Brown said we would not play them without a better deal and better seats for UA fans. Did McElroy sell us out? As far as I am concerned I just as soon not play them and Jerry Jennings and his 100lb. Northeast Fine Jewelery (a major siena sponsor) trophy. The only reason I go at all, is because to not go would slight Brown and the players. Otherwise I would simply add the $30 or so (two tickets) to my UA fund contribution and skip this fiasco completely..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seats can only be seats that aren't already Siena season ticket holders seats. They are pretty much the same seats all visiting teams get. You could probably get better seats through the arena, but you will be sitting among the siena fans.

Alum73

I would not encourage people to purchase tickets from any source where the money goes to Siena.

As far as getting the same seats as the rest of visiting teams. How is that possible. Which other visiting team brings that many people and aren't the seats we get under garbage bags for the rest of LCC's games.

dslyank

I see no reason to be obligated to go this road game. The team appreciates support at any and all road games. I make the ones I can and don't feel bad when I can't make one whether it is because I am at work, choose to go to an nfl game or whatever. I have gone to all the at Siena games but am missing this years to go to Toronto for the weekend.But hope to stop in Lehigh on Monday on the way(or out of the way) back.

I picked up my tickets I got through the AE Tourney also. Mine are right at midcourt!!! OK, not really. I'm in the corner as well. Sad to say but these will probably be the best seats I've had in a while. I've been way up in the upper deck the last couple of years so this is at least closer.

I understand your frustration Yank. When you end up watching half the game on the video monitor because you can't see the game it's pretty annoying.

Really, very little changed over the previous contract.

We play this game for the exposure, nothing more. It certainly isn't because we've gotten a fair or equal deal.

We sell out now, anticipating that this annual rivalry produces more UAlbany fans in the capital district.

It is a game that should be played, and is starting to become a spectacle around this immediate region.

Unfortunately, we accept details that are not at all favorable to UAlbany and its fans.

I guess I am kicking a dead horse here; but tonight's TU reiterated that UA signed a three year contract with the stipulation of 500 improved seats. When I asked Eric and Don O. about the better seats, they said they received only 50 seats behind the team for players and coaches families (which of course quality seats as these should go for players etc.). What happened to the other 450 seats? Are we talking breach of contract here? Someone on this blog mentioned that we could not get the better seats because of siena season ticket holders--but those details were supposedly resolved when the new contract was signed and there were many ways around the problem (ie. not making the game a part of their ticket package etc). Maybe we should sue for half the proceeds--any lawyers on this blog need some work?

This game is plain and simple a money maker for siena. It inflates their average attendance and helps them pay for the "TU", which they use to recruit.

Jerry Jennings the mayor of ALBANY needs to insure UALBANY gets a fair shake from this game, and from where I am sitting in the same old crumby seats we still pretty much get nothing from this game financial or otherwise.

alum 73, You kind of missed the point here. Up to a couple days ago, anyone could walk up to the TU and for $20 or so buy the best seat in the house (or a darn good one at least). The point being every cent of the $20 goes to siena. The ONLY money UA makes on this game come from the 2500 seats they are allocated which 2450 are in the corners behind the basket. So if you want UA to profit at all from this game (which I whole heartedly do) you must buy one of these crumby seats. The other point being, these issues have been on the table since the series restarted. Will Brown himself (who would prefer not to play this game in the first place), said last spring that we would not play this game until these seating and profit issues were resolved. Will talked about making siena agree to come to the Sefcu every other year, or splitting the TU 50/50 each year,or making UA the home team every other year. But when Jennings, McElroy and the siena ad got together last spring all they could come up with was 500 more and better seat allocations--a pretty poor compromise at best; and now we find out we did not even get this much. When I questioned Eric and Don about this, they were very defensive. Which reinforced my belief, that there is a breach of contract going on here. Anyhow, no one seems to care, so enjoy the game. I am sorry about venting but I thought you should at least hear my point correctly that I am not angry where my seat is, but how little UA profits from this game.

dsl yank, tou also miss a point. It's their home game.

Lets not open up that can of worms again. There are many of us, myself included, who don't think we should be playing that team year after year on the road. Neutral court game fine, but the Athletic department obviously thinks otherwise.

dsl yank, tou also miss a point. It's their home game.

Lets not open up that can of worms again. There are many of us, myself included, who don't think we should be playing that team year after year on the road. Neutral court game fine, but the Athletic department obviously thinks otherwise.

probably because you get exposure and more money for this game than any other home game at the SEFCU

Archived