UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gratz to all the Fball men and coaches. Great way to end a fantastic fall of athletics! On to Bball and winter sports - GO UA

Great game!! Congrats to Bob Ford and the team.

little disappointed it wasn't in HD. and we NEED a friggen stadium!!!

Gratz to all the Fball men and coaches. Great way to end a fantastic fall of athletics! On to Bball and winter sports - GO UA

Big congrats to the team! Great game by McCarty.......and why wasn't he the offensive player of the year in the conference?

My brother was over and said, "This looks like a high school game."

The place looked so empty and so pathetic. Would it be worse if it was a stadium and only a 1/4 full?

I liked the big TVs in front of the stands. Made my second-guessing the officials much easier (McCarty did NOT fumble on that goalline play, he was already down.)

I don't think I"d ever seen Jacksonville's punt formation where they put the three lineman back with the punter. Very creative.

As Coach Ford said this win was the exclamation point on the end of a great season. Terrific to get the NEC off the snide in this game.

Big congrats to the team! Great game by McCarty.......and why wasn't he the offensive player of the year in the conference?

My brother was over and said, "This looks like a high school game."

The place looked so empty and so pathetic. Would it be worse if it was a stadium and only a 1/4 full?

McCarty was not offensive player of the year. Sinisi from Monmouth was. He had a ton of TD's.

And thank god they shot the game from the visitor's side. Imagine what it would have looked like had it been shot from the home side.

I liked the big TVs in front of the stands. Made my second-guessing the officials much easier (McCarty did NOT fumble on that goalline play, he was already down.)

I don't think I"d ever seen Jacksonville's punt formation where they put the three lineman back with the punter. Very creative.

As Coach Ford said this win was the exclamation point on the end of a great season. Terrific to get the NEC off the snide in this game.

On TV at home it didn't look like he was down. I kept slowing it down and rewinding it and he never touched the ground.

On TV at home it didn't look like he was down. I kept slowing it down and rewinding it and he never touched the ground.

If you could rewind it then I'll take your word for it. All of us on the Albany sideline yesterday were in agreement that he was down before he fumbled and we're never wrong or biased :D

Some post game reading:

McCarty enjoys classic Classic - TU

Dolphins lose first bowl game - First Coast news

and of course, the Pioneer League Forum

Jacksonville's offense had trouble moving the football all game. And with temperatures hovering at the freezing mark, it become a factor.

"I've never been that cold in my entire life," quarterback Josh McGregor said.

If you could rewind it then I'll take your word for it. All of us on the Albany sideline yesterday were in agreement that he was down before he fumbled and we're never wrong or biased :D

Some post game reading:

McCarty enjoys classic Classic - TU

Dolphins lose first bowl game - First Coast news

and of course, the Pioneer League Forum

Jacksonville's offense had trouble moving the football all game. And with temperatures hovering at the freezing mark, it become a factor.

"I've never been that cold in my entire life," quarterback Josh McGregor said.

DP you have to change your signature now to include the 2008 Gridiron Classic Champions :D

Next year hopefully we'll be able to start a banner of playoff appearances.

DP you have to change your signature now to include the 2008 Gridiron Classic Champions :D

Next year hopefully we'll be able to start a banner of playoff appearances.

Done! I'm looking forward to adding those playoff appearances!

Congratulations Albany Football!

What an amazing year for UA football. I've said it so many times but we deserve an upgrade to better facilities and a tougher conference. UA destroyed the NEC and then beat the best that the Pioneer League could throw at us.

Football is one of UA's best performing sports. College football nationally has the highest visibility and attracts the largest crowds of any sport. Best yet, there is so little competition for college football in Eastern New York. There is 1 FBS football team from NYC to the Canadian border. 1, that's it... and as an Army fan and someone that threw an Army Navy party yesterday, I can tell you they are terrible. My party attendance is getting worse every year. Albany needs to seize upon this college football vacuum.

College football rocks and UA has a great program. We are the only show in town (in the region). Give UAlbany football an upgrade!

Someone mentioned earlier about poor attendance and only filling a new stadium a 1/4 full.

If we build a state of the art, brand new facility, very shortly afterwards the stadium would be PACKED for every home game. NO ONE wants to sit on rust, sit a foot off the ground, miss 90% of the game with bad vision.....PERIOD.

Unbelievable that UMass is coming to Albany. They are doing us a huge favor, in terms of facility attraction.

UAlbany football has been massively successful. Now is the time to take the bull by the horns. If we ever had leverage, we have it NOW. It's a slap in the face to Coach Ford and the Football program to stall on this matter any longer. They deserve a football stadium and a better conference, and we should MOVE NOW.

It shouldn't be on the current university field. That setup, after renovation, can serve as a very nice, miniature stadium.

It needs to be on the practice fields.

We'll see what the athletic department and interim president are really made of on this one. We'll see what kind of influence and ability they really possess. Don't get me wrong, I think they've done a fabulous job with the accomplishments they've reached so far..... but we're only in the 1st quarter of the game.

What I'd like to see is someone in this universtity step up, and say that our University prefers on going to the bowl subdivision in the future. I personally think that should be our goal, and it should be shouted out LOUDLY. I know first things first, but first you need to know where you want to be... and then start taking steps to make it happen. I for one, have no idea what the AD is thinking. I don't think a 'closed doors' policy is helpful. So, maybe they don't have any real goals at this point.

Someone mentioned earlier about poor attendance and only filling a new stadium a 1/4 full.

If we build a state of the art, brand new facility, very shortly afterwards it will be PACKED every home game.

NO ONE wants to sit on rust, sit a foot off the ground, miss 90% of the game with bad vision..........PERIOD.

Unbelievable that UMass is coming to Albany. They are doing us a huge favor, in terms of facility attraction.

UAlbany football has been massively successful. Now is the time to take the bull by the horns. If we ever had leverage, we have it NOW. It's a slap in the face to Coach Ford and the Football program to stall on this matter any longer. They deserve a football stadium and a better conference, and we should MOVE NOW.

It shouldn't be on the current university field. That setup, after renovation, can serve as a very nice, miniature stadium.

It needs to be on the practice fields.

We'll see what the athletic department and interim president are really made of on this one. We'll see what kind of influence and ability they really possess. Don't get me wrong, I think they've done a fabulous job with the accomplishments they've reached so far..... but we're only in the 1st quarter of the game.

What I'd like to see is someone in this universtity step up, and say that our University prefers on going to the bowl subdivision in the future. I personally think that should be our goal, and it should be shouted out LOUDLY. I know first things first, but first you need to know where you want to be... and then start taking steps to make it happen. I for one, have no idea what the AD is thinking. I don't think a 'closed doors' policy is helpful. So, maybe they don't have any real goals at this point.

I agree with you on alot of points. I used to think that staying FCS for good and competing for national championships would be best for the university, but I'm starting to change my mind and I'll tell you why: No one (especially not politicians) respects a program that doesn't have big ambitions. Even if it never happens or doesn't happen for 20 years, it doesn't mean it can't be the ambition.

How will this win effect our chances (if any) of being accepted into the CAA? IIRC they are holding a big meeting in February to discuss the future of their conference? I'd imagine UA's decisive win yesterday will greatly increase our chances of getting into the CAA.

How will this win effect our chances (if any) of being accepted into the CAA? IIRC they are holding a big meeting in February to discuss the future of their conference? I'd imagine UA's decisive win yesterday will greatly increase our chances of getting into the CAA.

It can't hurt if they just heard the score, unless some CAA officials who didn't know about our stadium actually watched the game and saw the stands.

Archived