UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Congrats to one of the finest teams the Great Danes have ever had. The game really showed just how balanced the Great Danes are and how the game is won by blocking and tackling - as well as at the skill positions.

Apparently, Jacksonville didn't watch enough video on the Danes as they were completely surprised by the 3rd down punt - which in my mind sealed the game.

I too am embarrassed by our football stadium. However, I caution all and remind us all that were are in - yes - nearly desparate fiscal times for state funding. Talk to some members of the administration to see just how far this year's 4 or 5 budget cuts have cut into the budget. Now capital constuction is in jeopardy for the immediate future.

It's no time to stop the pressure on legislators - but additional pressure and constant harping towards campus individuals cannot bring any positive results. A new football stadium when faculty / staff cuts are occuring just are going to be embraced by the general public.

Anyway..... Kudos to the entire team and caoching staff - Whatta run (so far) :rolleyes:

We lose over half a ton on the Offensive line (Archer, Nguti, Schultz, Leible) and WRs Bush and Bocanegra. The O-line backups this year were mostly much smaller than the starters.

Defense loses DT Pandolf, LB Peretore, safety West and CB McCloskey. About the loss you expect in a normal year in college.

I too am embarrassed by our football stadium. However, I caution all and remind us all that were are in - yes - nearly desparate fiscal times for state funding. Talk to some members of the administration to see just how far this year's 4 or 5 budget cuts have cut into the budget. Now capital constuction is in jeopardy for the immediate future.

It's no time to stop the pressure on legislators - but additional pressure and constant harping towards campus individuals cannot bring any positive results. A new football stadium when faculty / staff cuts are occuring just are going to be embraced by the general public.

Exactly.. well put GDBD! Some people truly don't understand how bad of shape the state's fiscal situation is..but you can't blame them if they don't deal with it everyday like some of us do (who work for the state).

Gratz to all the Fball men and coaches. Great way to end a fantastic fall of athletics! On to Bball and winter sports - GO UA

Great game!! Congrats to Bob Ford and the team.

little disappointed it wasn't in HD. and we NEED a friggen stadium!!!

Big congrats to the team! Great game by McCarty.......and why wasn't he the offensive player of the year in the conference?

My brother was over and said, "This looks like a high school game."

The place looked so empty and so pathetic. Would it be worse if it was a stadium and only a 1/4 full?

McCarty was not offensive player of the year. Sinisi from Monmouth was. He had a ton of TD's.

And thank god they shot the game from the visitor's side. Imagine what it would have looked like had it been shot from the home side.

My point was he should have been.

I liked the big TVs in front of the stands. Made my second-guessing the officials much easier (McCarty did NOT fumble on that goalline play, he was already down.)

I don't think I"d ever seen Jacksonville's punt formation where they put the three lineman back with the punter. Very creative.

As Coach Ford said this win was the exclamation point on the end of a great season. Terrific to get the NEC off the snide in this game.

On TV at home it didn't look like he was down. I kept slowing it down and rewinding it and he never touched the ground.

On TV, I think he did not touch the ground.

As to competition from other programs in NY, as ATL_DANE stated, I'd say right now Buffalo and Syracuse are the only competition, looking into the future, in the entire state!

I liked the big TVs in front of the stands. Made my second-guessing the officials much easier (McCarty did NOT fumble on that goalline play, he was already down.)

I don't think I"d ever seen Jacksonville's punt formation where they put the three lineman back with the punter. Very creative.

As Coach Ford said this win was the exclamation point on the end of a great season. Terrific to get the NEC off the snide in this game.

On TV at home it didn't look like he was down. I kept slowing it down and rewinding it and he never touched the ground.

On TV, I think he did not touch the ground.

If he did touch the ground, the result would be easy to call.

How long does a player with possession of the ball, coming to a stop, lying on the back of another player, with his feet wrapped up by the defense, need to lay there... until the play is over? He was wrapped up by the legs.

It's sort of like the forward progress rule... when a player's forward progress is stopped, he's wrapped up by defenders.... the whistle blows shortly afterward. They don't let 5 guys stop and hold him for 10 seconds, while another eventually rips the ball out of his arms.

<br />
I liked the big TVs in front of the stands. Made my second-guessing the officials much easier (McCarty did NOT fumble on that goalline play, he was already down.)<br /><br />I don't think I"d ever seen Jacksonville's punt formation where they put the three lineman back with the punter. Very creative.<br /><br />As Coach Ford said this win was the exclamation point on the end of a great season. Terrific to get the NEC off the snide in this game.
<br /><br /><br />On TV at home it didn't look like he was down. I kept slowing it down and rewinding it and he never touched the ground.<br />
<br /><br />On TV, I think he did not touch the ground. <br /><br />
<br /><br />If he did touch the ground, the result would be easy to call.<br /><br />How long does a player with possession of the ball, coming to a stop, lying on the back of another player, with his feet wrapped up by the defense, need to lay there... until the play is over? He was wrapped up by the legs. <br /><br />It's sort of like the forward progress rule... when a player's forward progress is stopped, he's wrapped up by defenders.... the whistle blows shortly afterward. They don't let 5 guys stop and hold him for 10 seconds, while another eventually rips the ball out of his arms.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Interesting point, but he was definitley still fighting for yardage and being a RB instaed of a QB, he wouldn't get the forward progress call. Had it been Vinny instead, I think it would have been whistled dead earlier.

Thank goodness that wasn't a critical play in the game.

Highlights on

Towards the end of the video, there appears Interim President Philips, and Dr. McElroy...

Although I saw them there previous to viewing this, it brings hope that they are working

behind the scenes to bring this football program to bigger and better things. I'm talking

about the new Ford Field @ University Stadium and CAA membership.

The more I think about where this football program has gone, the more I'm impressed.

We should be thankful that Dr.M had the vision to go FCS football. But, most importantly

and most significantly, we should be thankful to having such a great football man in

Bob Ford. When I think about where this football program has gone, I automatically think

how Bob Ford was the sole reason for all of UAlbany's success.... and it's been amazingly

successful, all things considered.

I'd love to see Bob Ford get to coach in FBS football. That might not be in the cards, when

considering the goals that might be in place now.

But, without a doubt, I would be sick to my stomach if our University and Athletic department

do not get this football program / the University a new stadium and better conference. If anyone

in college football deserves this type of advancement, it's Bob Ford.

I'd like to thank the team, the coaches and especially coach Ford for all the success they've

brought to the University family... Couldn't be prouder.

Archived