UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maine v.s. Albany

Not happy with the effort in most of this one but this team fought back gotta give them that. They could have easily packed it in when it got to 22 and just played this one out but they fought back getting down into the single digits.

Tough game for Raffa = tough game, more often then not when he is struggling this team struggles. Tough to rely that much on a freshmen as good as he is, with experience he'll continue to improve but at this point you have to take the good with the bad.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Brown on the post game interview...says he was disappointed and upset with the effort, we were not aggressive against the zone. We are an inexperienced team especially out on the perimeter as we start a sophomore and freshmen and that inexperience caught up with us in this one.

Golden opportunity missed to really take charge

We should not be losing games like this. This team is driving me crazy. After the game at UH I figure were going to be in the middle of the pack. Then we beat BU,UVM,Bing and look good and I'm thinking we can make a strong run for the title. Now this. Is it that we just don't play well on the road or what?

We should not be losing games like this. This team is driving me crazy. After the game at UH I figure were going to be in the middle of the pack. Then we beat BU,UVM,Bing and look good and I'm thinking we can make a strong run for the title. Now this. Is it that we just don't play well on the road or what?

The lack of experience is probably more evident on the road. We are flawless at home and we struggle at times on the road. I really think the Anthony factor is very prevelent especially on the road. He struggled at Hartford, we lost, he struggles at Maine we lose, he played great at UVM and big win.

Tough to rely on a freshman like that but he's growing, this will pay dividends in the long run. Keep running him out there, especially on the road.

regarding chat. When I try to download java it verifys my version, and says i have the latest one. but when i go into chat, it says my machine doesn't have java. anybody got a clue?

alum,

go into add/remove programs and uninstall Java...restart the machine and go back to java.com and install. You might have a couple of different versions of java installed. Make sure they are all uninstalled. Also, make sure you go to java.com with the browser you intend to use to access the chat, firefox or IE.

Hope that helps

Some browsers have a prefence setting for Java also. Not sure if that's it or what Bosi suggested is better.

I'm not sure this team makes any more or less sense than the rest of the conference. Boston U got pushed around by Vermont at home and then goes to Bing and beats a Bing team that had beaten Vermont.

I have two theories about today's game:

1. We've played well/won in three conference games, two at home and one in a sold out Patrick Gym. We've played poorly/lost two games in half empty arenas - Hartford and Maine.

OR

2. Our young backcourt doesn't play well against teams that play 40 minutes of zone.

Quite a difference in FT's. Maine had 36 attempts, Albany 12?

It did seem that down low we were not getting any calls. Tim in particular was getting some contact and no calls. Now, Albany played terrible, but sometimes that can help get you out of rhythm.

It was also funny to hear the Maine announcer make a comment to the effect of "we just not getting many calls". You go to the line 36 times, you are getting some calls.

It did seem that down low we were not getting any calls. Tim in particular was getting some contact and no calls. Now, Albany played terrible, but sometimes that can help get you out of rhythm.

It was also funny to hear the Maine announcer make a comment to the effect of "we just not getting many calls". You go to the line 36 times, you are getting some calls.

I listened to parts of the game on the radio, and it seemed that Albany was fouling quite a bit from the 3:00 mark.

I listened to parts of the game on the radio, and it seemed that Albany was fouling quite a bit from the 3:00 mark.

They were (10 in the last 3 minutes), but they had taken 15 by halftime (Albany 6). The only time they weren't taken them was during our mini run in the second half. At the peak of their lead they had taken 21 and we had taken 7.

Archived