UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maine v.s. Albany

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanting to, at some point, see all the basketball venues in the AE Conference that we travel to, I have given some thought about going to the Maine game, but it sure is a hike. Not sure if it's such a smart idea with the artic weather upon us through the weekend. I guess it gets pretty cold inside the Arena up there as well (because hockey is played inside there in addition to hoops, if I recall correctly).

Anyone else going up there this weekend?

Wanting to, at some point, see all the basketball venues in the AE Conference that we travel to, I have given some thought about going to the Maine game, but it sure is a hike. Not sure if it's such a smart idea with the artic weather upon us through the weekend. I guess it gets pretty cold inside the Arena up there as well (because hockey is played inside there in addition to hoops, if I recall correctly).

Well, I would like to see all the venues in Basketball, volleyball, baseball and lacrosse. It is just that basketball season comes before lacrosse. So the 2 missing for basketball (Maine and UMBC) should be completed before the 2 missing for lacrosse (Vermont and Stony Brook). I also said for at least 2 seasons now if we are at Maine on a weekend I am there. A little cold isn't going to stop me. At lot of snow like at Sacred Heart would stop me.

I'm going to visit my GF in Maine and were making a trip up to Orono this Saturday. Has anyone ever been there and can give me some suggestions on any good resturants?

check out Pat's Pizza in Orono----

C.D. "Pat" Farnsworth opened Farnsworth's Cafe in Orono, Maine in July 1931. Pat's dream was backed by

$175.00, long hours and hard work (a practice he still continues to this day).Because of his efforts, Pat saw

the cafe, which originally sold ice cream and confections, become a full service restaurant. In 1953 Pat added

pizza to his menu. The fresh dough pizza, topped with a special sauce developed by Pat and his wife Fran,

were an instant success. Pat's change in the menu transformed Farnsworth Cafe into Pat's Pizza. Over the

years Pat's Pizza has become a favorite of University of Maine students. In fact, it has been said that an

education at the University is not complete without a Pat's Pizza.

Hey, perhaps some of you guys going up to the Maine game could take some pictures of the Arena, game, and/or Campus and post those pictures here for the rest of us? I'd be curious to see what Alfond Arena looks like, as it's principally used as their hockey arena.

In the future, I expect to make it to the game via airplane, since one can purchase tickets out of JFK (round-trip) for about $177 via priceline.com (assuming those tickets are purchased two months in advance). Tickets for this weekend were absurd -- around $500.

Albany-based flights to Bangor, Maine, typically go through connecting flights at Newark, JFK, or Philly. These Albany flights appear to be, if purchased in advance, about $100 more than the flights out of JFK (around $300, round-trip, for tickets purchased two months in advance).

Albany Weave and I will be making the drive up as well. I believe this is the final AE basketball venue for him; I still have some catching up to do.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Jan 16 2009, 12:32 PM) 39721[/snapback]

Albany Weave and I will be making the drive up as well. I believe this is the final AE basketball venue for him; I still have some catching up to do.

How are you attacking the trip? Driving up Friday night, driving home Saturday after the game? Or drive up early Saturday, and then driving home after the game (yikes!)?

Driving to Portland tonight.

Tomorrow am driving to Orono. Still deciding whether to stay in Orono/Bangor Saturday night or Portland.

Drive back to Albany Sunday.

Sounds like a good way to do it. You're a better fan than I am, I've never made the trip. Have a safe drive.

Hopefully with your help they can get it done. After tomorrow the next four out of five games are at home with the students back!

Archived