UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ UVM

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way....was I seeing things or did we get new shot clocks?

Yes we did get new shot clocks, but the one on the north end broke, so they need a repair overnight, if they can get a technician in from the vendor.

How was turnout? Good student showing I hope.

I wish it was better.

But all the students were blast emailed tonight by the school to let them know about the game tomorrow. And a few other emails from various places are going out as well asking for student support. So hopefully they will come to the game. My guess is that the students who don't come often, and only show up at special events probably only remember the BPG...which wouldn't be the best impression since we lost to UVM at home that game.

On another note... GO UA! Great game!!!

----------------------------------------

Here is the email that was sent tonight to all students.

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:10 PM

Subject: UAlbany Men's Basketball Advances to Semi Finals

Dear UAlbany Student:

The America East Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament is being held this weekend at the SEFCU Arena. This afternoon, the UAlbany men’s team upset second-seed Vermont in a nail-biter (56-52 in OT) to advance to the semi-finals tomorrow.

The UAlbany men’s team will take on UMBC (who beat Boston University in OT today) at 2:00 pm tomorrow (Sunday) in the SEFCU Arena. Tickets will be available at noon at the SEFCU. The first 500 student tickets are free. After those tickets are given out, the tickets are $10 each.

Hope you can come out to cheer on our team!

As websites change hourly as of right now it is no shocker the TU has Siena's game up on top w/ a pic rather than the upset UA had over UVM... :glare:

Lets see who gets more coverage tomorrow in the print edition... an upset or their game most assumed they would win

Edit: Mark has a nice short clip of the end of the game.. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...ctid15042685001

Edit 2: Cap News 8 Video Recap http://capitalnews9.com/default.aspx?ArID=135078

Some Siena fans are total d-bags...like gorvy starting a thread to say...UA sucks...followed by another fool making a stupid post how the game sucked and both teams sucked.

I wonder if that fool SaintsFan still thinks UVM is the class of the AE like he always tries to make people believe.

Fun read, I'm sure a bunch of them were unhappy that we won because they won't be the darling of Albany...not just yet at least.

Let's keep it going!

What happens to all the tickets held by UVM fans who may have left for Burlington? It would be a shame to have an empty section when those tickets could be used by others

I would guess they will be empty but if they sell all the tickets it will be a sellout.

What happens to all the tickets held by UVM fans who may have left for Burlington? It would be a shame to have an empty section when those tickets could be used by others

We were socializing (recovering) between the two gymnasiums during the intermission between the two games when we were approached by a quiet older woman. She was wearing a gold Catamount T-shirt and wanted to know if we needed any tickets for Sunday. It seems her weekend ended early, and while she was very polite, and even though part of me had sympathy for her, it didn't stop us from pile driving her to the ground and laughing in her face.

Archived