UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Am I being petty?

I just heard a radio commercial for Maggie's indicating they are running a promotion tomorrow with the Sinkoff crew to promote the MAAC tournament and give away MAAC tournament tickets for Saturday. It seems to me that having the AE Tournament virtually across the street provides an unexpected revenue stream for Maggies and the way they reciprocate is by trying to sabotage the event?

Are they running something similar for the AE tournament? I'd think they would since, as you mentioned, they will probably benefit from people looking to grab a meal between AE sessions and, if I recall correctly, they are actually hosting the Bingo alums/fans pre-game gathering.

I hope having the AE tournament on campus really wakes up the Capital District to UAlbany. Having thousands of fans, family etc walking around the campus is great for UA. Having those fans eat in the restaurants and sleep in the hotels may wake up those businesses as to financial impact a large state university can deliver to the community.

It may also get people thinking what if UA was in a bigger conference? What if there was a football stadium on campus? Yeah.. Jobs!

I think Maggie's needs to realize what university pays the bills.

The weather should be pretty nice for this time of the year...50 degrees although there is a chance of showers in the afternoon.

Haven't been to SEFCU before this - hows the concessions stands for food and drink ?Hopefully better than the diarrhea inducing chili i get at Patrick Gym.

Haven't been to SEFCU before this - hows the concessions stands for food and drink ?Hopefully better than the diarrhea inducing chili i get at Patrick Gym.

It's gotten better as far I'm concerned. My opinion is based in large part by the addition to the menu of the pulled pork sandwich.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Mar 5 2009, 02:43 PM) 41333[/snapback]
Are they running something similar for the AE tournament? I'd think they would since, as you mentioned, they will probably benefit from people looking to grab a meal between AE sessions and, if I recall correctly, they are actually hosting the Bingo alums/fans pre-game gathering.

I tried to ask that question on their website, but it did not work.

I have never been to that place, don't plan on going given this. There are plenty of other businesses that treat Albany fans right in that neighborhood. To me, this would be like a bar across the street from Shea giving out Yankee tickets or across the street from Yankee stadium giving out Met tickets.

I hope they have only tickets to session 4 and 6 on Saturday. That way they can piss off even the people who are interested in some maac games.

Archived