UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE in March Madness: #15 Binghamton vs. #2 Duke

Cornell and North Dakota St. both played in inferior conferences RPI wise this season. Cornell, one of the bottom five conferences! Those two did not defeat a single Top 100 RPI team...Binghamton defeated two. The strength of schedule difference between the three is unthinkable. If it was their first year garbage, N. Dakota St. should have received the #16 seed like we did in 2006.

I hate Binghamton, but I am pissed at the seeding as it is for the conference

Cornell and North Dakota St. both played in inferior conferences RPI wise this season. Cornell, one of the bottom five conferences! Those two did not defeat a single Top 100 RPI team...Binghamton defeated two. The strength of schedule difference between the three is unthinkable. If it was their first year garbage, N. Dakota St. should have received the #16 seed like we did in 2006.

I hate Binghamton, but I am pissed at the seeding as it is for the conference

Vermont... are the two top 100 rpi wins (rpi of 97)...whooptido. Bing has made the decision to not have tough non-conf schedules, that is their own fault, and I would assume weighed in on their seeding. UA beat Vermont twice so we have 2 top 100 rpi wins as well... and still whooptido.

I figured Bing for a 14 as well, and we can certainly debate the merits of the current system, but the fact of the matter is the current system does reward playing difficult OOC opponents, not only beating them. $iena, for example, was rewarded with a #9, in part because they played (and lost to) some quality teams.

ND State went to Minnesota and to USC. The committee gave them credit for those games vs other NCAA-bound teams, even though they lost both. Bing's "best" name OOC games were a loss at George Washington (who was horrible this year, 10-18/4-12 in A-10 play), a loss at Bucknell (bad year for them too, 7-23/4-10 in Patriot play), and a win over a "Big East" team that perhaps doesn't belong there (Rutgers, 11-21/2-16 in Big East play).

Archived