UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From ChicagoHoops.com

.....Here is a look at a few of the players that have greatly enhanced their recruiting stock with their strong efforts on the basketball court this spring.............

Derrick Marks 6'2" Guard Plainfield Central

A University at Albany recruit. Has been sensational throughout the spring for Old Gold. Gets to the rim and finishes with ease. Can also score it with his jumper, and goes hard on the defensive end.

It sure would be nice if we could keep Marks

From ChicagoHoops.com

.....Here is a look at a few of the players that have greatly enhanced their recruiting stock with their strong efforts on the basketball court this spring.............

Derrick Marks 6'2" Guard Plainfield Central

A University at Albany recruit. Has been sensational throughout the spring for Old Gold. Gets to the rim and finishes with ease. Can also score it with his jumper, and goes hard on the defensive end.

It sure would be nice if we could keep Marks

Gotta make it to signing period with this kid, big time schools are sniffing around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris Page is set to gets1 scholly and I thought it was reported that Jacob Iati was going to get one after paying for last year and this year?

I don't think he was ever promised a scholy...he understood that coming to UA if memory serves.

I stand corrected

• 4 weeks later...

Latest on Marks...Kid would have been a monumental steal oh well.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/markswmu.html

"Class of 2011 Plainfield Central star Derrick Marks of Old Gold remains a red-hot commodity on the recruiting trail. Marks has added new interest from a pair programs, and just wrapped up his last unofficial visit. Marks ranks as one of the top Class of 2011 prospects in the state of Illinois.

Marks, a 6'2" guard, enjoyed his visit to Western Michigan. “First we talked to the president of the school and we talked about their school. He was very excited that Western was recruiting me. Then I talked to the academic advisors and the president of the business school. They have a very well known and strong business program that is recognized around the country. Also, Coach Hawkins has a 100% graduation rate and he promised me that I will get my degree."

“On the basketball side I will be able to step right in and play. They play my style of play, which is up-and-down and in your face basketball. They are a contender in the MAC every year. They just got Hayden Hoerdermann as well, and we are both playmakers, so I can really see myself playing that system.”

Marks remains a red-hot commodity on the recruiting trail. “It’s going really well at the moment. Butler is really hot on me right now, and Nebraska has stepped in as well along with Boise State, Fairfield, Valparaiso, Texas Christian, Colorado State, Southern Illinois, Toledo, Indiana State, Bradley, and now Western Michigan, so everything is going really well at the moment,” said Marks.

Marks is still evaluating his options, and looking to see if any other new schools are going to jump into the mix. Marks plans on signing in November, and expects to only take official visits to schools from this point forward."

• 1 month later...

Archived