UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

Scholarships Available = 2

Prospect - Derrick Marks - VERBAL

Offer = Yes

Position - SG

7298212_550x550_mb_art_R0.jpg

Offered - Josh Oglesby, Jarrod Uthoff

Other:

PG - Joey Gripper, Keith Hornsby (verbal to UNC-Ashville), Malcolm Pope, Corey Schaefer (new)

SG - Evan Conti, Chris Page, Matt Bohannon, Grant Lang (new)

F - Luke Hager,

Unsure of position - Derrick Parsley, A.J. Price, Alex Furness

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN Evaluation - Grade 84

May, 2009: Blake is one of the top shooters in Ohio regardless of class. He has range on his jumper to 22 feet. He has a solid, quick release and elevates nicely. He is very good coming off screens or catching and shooting off penetration. Blake needs to work on the other aspects of his game. He needs to improve his ability to create his own shot as well as creating for others but he does have one skill everyone needs...shooting. He is ok as a rebounder and needs to improve his intensity on defense. His ability to score is exceptional, Blake just needs to continue to hone his skills in order to become a complete player.

The scoring machine out of Peebles High School, Blake Justice, is setting his visits for the upcoming weeks. The 6-foot-3 Justice is drawing heavy interest from Akron, which one school on his visitation list. The Peebles star will also be heading to Albany, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), and Wright State. Link

Blake Justice (6’2/2011) wing of Peebles High School will be take visits to Albany and Akron next weekend. Justice, who carries a 3.9 grade point average, has an offer from Albany. Link

Iowa Hoops.com

Two of the players we are chasing...Uthoff(PF) and Bohannon(SG) are listed 15th and 4th....package deal would be sweet!

Barring any early departures....we'll have 3 ships to give away as Barraza, Urli and Timmy will be graduating.

It's probably about time we land a Bohannon.....we've been after a couple over the last few years.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Below is an article on Marks.....opposing coaches quotes in bold...can this kid come next season?

Plainfield Central 58

Chicago Christian 51

After missing out on the opportunity to beat Joliet Catholic and take the Small School title at the Lemont Tournament, the Knights still had the chance to take third place overall in the tournament when they hooked up with Plainfield Central on Dec. 30.

In order to accomplish that feat, though, they’d have to find a way to beat the talented Wildcats.

While the Knights entered the contest with a ‘we’ve got nothing to lose’ attitude, they realized quickly they were going to have their hands full with the Wildcats (11-4).

One Wildcat player proved to be too much for the Knights to handle — Plainfield star Derrick Marks.

All Marks did was score a game-high 34 points and grab eight rebounds. Marks did his scoring with a balance of inside and outside shooting.

“This kid reminded me a lot of a young LaBron James,” Pittman said. “He was 6-foot-3, maybe 6-4, with a collegiate body. This kid is definitely a talent.”

Marks made 12-of-20 shots from the floor, including a pair of 3-point baskets. The only weakness he exhibited against Chicago Christian came at the free-throw line where Marks managed to convert only eight-of-15 attempts.

The Knights played one of their better first halves of the season against Plainfield, building a 31- 18 halftime lead on the strength of 50-percent shooting in the first half (10-of-20).

Chicago Christian also made 4-of-5 shots from behind the arc and was perfect on seven freethrow attempts in the opening two periods.

“We shot the ball extremely well,” Pittman said. “We had good ball rotation and were moving the ball well.”

In the second half, though, the Knights (5-8) couldn’t find the basket with a tour guide.

They managed to make only six-of-21 shots (28.6 percent) and ended up shooting only 39 percent.

“I loved the way our kids fought,” Pittman said. “We didn’t back down from anybody. Our help-line defense was better The Marks kid just hit some tough shots against us. Good players are going to find ways to score and he’s definitely one of the more talented kids I’ve seen play all year.”

Chicago Christian ended up finishing in fourth place overall in the tournament.

What's with us and Chicago? lol.

We might as well be called the Great Danes of Chicago. lol.

As long as it leads to wins, I'm happy.

Most schools have a pipeline to a couple of places where they get the majority of their recruits....it's easier that way because the coaching staff can develop and nurture a relationship with certain AAU coaches and HS coaches. Our connection to Chicago appears to be getting strong over the last couple of years...I know Siena recruits the Philly/PA area extensively.

Some go after talent in the NYC area etc. Chicago has great hoops so it's a good area to get talent from

Most schools have a pipeline to a couple of places where they get the majority of their recruits....it's easier that way because the coaching staff can develop and nurture a relationship with certain AAU coaches and HS coaches. Our connection to Chicago appears to be getting strong over the last couple of years...I know Siena recruits the Philly/PA area extensively.

Some go after talent in the NYC area etc. Chicago has great hoops so it's a good area to get talent from

I'm all for recruiting in the midwest but I still don't understand why we don't recruit more in the NYC area.

I agree I was just trying to make a light comment. I figured since half our team is from NY that our primary recruiting grounds is NY.

But Chicago can definitely ball.

Let's see...

Isiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Antoine Walker, Tony Allen, and many more...

Nuff said lol.

Archived