UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Early in the Season...

If anything, it's been the rest of the conference's performance thus far which has given me a hope for optimism. We have looked shaky at best thus far, but so have conference favorites UVM and BU. Right now everybody is trying to work out the kinks and establish a rotation. I have seen enough from this team so far to feel confident that we will be contenders if we are healthy and have a 9-10 man rotation established heading into our conference opener with Bingo in January. However, all bets are off if Urli doesn't get better soon and the other 9 guys expected to see minutes don't stay healthy.

I think we have to give it time.

Looking at scores from around the country it seems like alot of teams are struggling offensively. Even a very good Siena team struggled offensively, Northeastern is good but normally I would have expected the game to be in the high 70's or low 80's.

How often will Kansas and Memphis get caught up in such a low scoring affair.

Hope fully we get Urli back and the team starts to get a in sync.

Lindfors can't hit the side of a barn with what he's throwing up.

Aronhalt,showed promise but had happy feet last game.

Tartt and Black are still trying to figure things out.

Any early season success we may have must come from Harrus, Ambrose and Johnson for now.

IMO it doesn't look like the offense will be improved at all which CB said was going to be addressed in the offseason and preseason. It is still early but the same negatives are popping up now. TO's, Horrible shooting percentage, no premeter or post game. Offensively the Danes look awful averaging 53 ppg in their first 3 games. It's still early and hopefully they can figure it out by conference play. It does look like there is more of a set rotation and the defense is playing well. Hopefully UA can get some wins this weekend and improve on their offense.

all the problems I've seen so far are typical for any team this early...the key is to take care of these issues sooner than later. I agree with what most have said so far about the young guys: looks like we have a ton potential, whether or not this develops this year or next will have to be seen. The D is clearly better (minus the stupid fouls that the team seems compelled to commit in key possessions) and the I'd rate the offense as roughly on the same level as the last week of last season. This is better than where the team was at this point last year but still some progress to be made...

Hopefully the Great Danes take 2 out of 3 this weekend and get back to .500, a full sweep would be great. The TO's were cut down last game and the defense was very good. This weekend UA really needs to go for an offensive explosion and things will be looking very good for the Great Danes.

Archived