UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Minutes 2009-2010

I like Metcalf cutting into Giff's minutes....he gives us more offense and he gives up nothing rebounding the ball. He doesn't quite take up the space inside that Giff does and we'll need Giff during conference play but I like the increase Metcalf is getting.

He's played very well!

It is going to be interesting to see how this trends out throughout the season, but right now Metcalf is definitely entertaining to watch.

I also found it interesting how quickly Urli's numbers jumped back up after the injury.

A starting five of MJ, Timmay, Will, Fran, and Blake could be nice.

Subs might be shaping up to be Tartt, Aronahlt, McRae, Lindfors, and Giff.

Limited Minutes: Black and Allen

Injured?: Barazza

Ineligible: Iati and Puk

Redshirts: Glanton and Watts

We never know about injuries or player improvement but there is nothing like a little speculation on a Sunday night.

I like Metcalf cutting into Giff's minutes....he gives us more offense and he gives up nothing rebounding the ball. He doesn't quite take up the space inside that Giff does and we'll need Giff during conference play but I like the increase Metcalf is getting.

He's played very well!

It is going to be interesting to see how this trends out throughout the season, but right now Metcalf is definitely entertaining to watch.

I also found it interesting how quickly Urli's numbers jumped back up after the injury.

A starting five of MJ, Timmay, Will, Fran, and Blake could be nice.

Subs might be shaping up to be Tartt, Aronahlt, McRae, Lindfors, and Giff.

Limited Minutes: Black and Allen

Injured?: Barazza

Ineligible: Iati and Puk

Redshirts: Glanton and Watts

We never know about injuries or player improvement but there is nothing like a little speculation on a Sunday night.

I like it...

1st unit: MJ, Ambrose, Harris, Urli and Metcalf

2nd unit: Tartt, Logan, McRae, Lindfors and Giff

Go ten deep....! Work Black in when the opportunity or necessity is there.

Way too much time on your hands....

Surely I am not the only board member that suffers from Sunday night insomnia (and judging by the time of your post I might conclude that I am right), but in my defense the process was quite simple:

1.) Create a basic Excel worksheet with game numbers in the columns and players in the rows.

2.) Populate the data matrix from the game recaps on the UA website.

3.) Use chart wizard to set up a smooth line graph with a title and captions for the axes.

4.) Change the upper and lower limits on the x and y axes.

5.) Re-color some lines and data points for visual clarity.

6.) Copy the graph.

7.) Paste the graph into Microsoft Paint and save with a bit map file extension.

8.) Upload the file to Photobucket.

9.) Create the new post on BPF.

10.) Reference the created image URL in the post and submit.

Sure beats sleeping.

I like it...

1st unit: MJ, Ambrose, Harris, Urli and Metcalf

2nd unit: Tartt, Logan, McRae, Lindfors and Giff

Go ten deep....! Work Black in when the opportunity or necessity is there.

I like Tartt more at the shooting guard spot than the point so I'd hope for more minutes for Mike Black.

Coach Brown mentions the propsect of Metcalf starting down the road. For now I think he and Giff foul about once every seven minutes of playing time (I didn't build a graph) so I have to imagine they'd just about split time anyway, or foul out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was some discussion of the rotation for men's basketball in another thread, so I have been maintaining a current graph of all player minutes.

Thoughts?

UAMinutes.jpg

This could resemble Coach Browns brain activity pattern during game time. His head must be ready to explode at this point in the season

And yet at least two opponents' broadcasters (Iona and UNH) have said that Albany players were making 'tired' mistakes, couldn't keep up the pace. How much more tired would they be if CB shortened the rotation? I can't believe conditioning is that weak.

Archived