UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Siena

Couple of points....

- Through the years since Brown has been here....we have always been a defense first team. The last two games we've been extremely poor on D. The entire season we've been pretty meeocre If this team is gonna put it together it MUST start on the defense end.

- Gotta hit the glass....we've always been one of the more dominant teams on the glass, even against up competition.....this year we've lost the rebounding battle 5 or 6 times already in 9 games.

- People are quick to drill Brown after this loss....he's a bad coach, he sucks etc. The last two years prior to this year, we were over matched and Siena was the better team but he coached his arse off and Siena had to scrape by. Last year, Siena was a much better team then us and yet again it was close. A L is a L but he coaches his arse off to keep the game close.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Gotta hit the glass....we've always been one of the more dominant teams on the glass, even against up competition.....this year we've lost the rebounding battle 5 or 6 times already in 9 games.

Bosi, are you sure about that? I haven't checked the box scores but we're +20 on rebounds. 330 - 310.

Bosi, are you sure about that? I haven't checked the box scores but we're +20 on rebounds. 330 - 310.

Syracuse 42 - UA 32

Morgan 37 - UA 33

American 27 - UA 31

Alcorn 26 - 43

Detroit 35 - UA 30

Bob M - 24- UA 36

UCF - 25 - UA 22

FAU - 28 - UA 33

Siana - 35 - UA 30

When we out rebound the opposition we are 3-1, when we lose the battle on the boards we are 0-5.

Reb is not what I'm getting after, when we are hitting the glass it usually means we are playing with high energy and really getting after it, rebounds is just an indicator of the intensity.

Syracuse 42 - UA 32

Morgan 37 - UA 33

American 27 - UA 31

Alcorn 26 - 43

Detroit 35 - UA 30

Bob M - 24- UA 36

UCF - 25 - UA 22

FAU - 28 - UA 33

Siana - 35 - UA 30

When we out rebound the opposition we are 3-1, when we lose the battle on the boards we are 0-5.

Reb is not what I'm getting after, when we are hitting the glass it usually means we are playing with high energy and really getting after it, rebounds is just an indicator of the intensity.

Your rebound numbers are off..you're not including team rebounds..the Siena game was actually 'tied'..37-37..Danes had 7 team boards..Aints had 2.

Syracuse 42 - UA 32

Morgan 37 - UA 33

American 27 - UA 31

Alcorn 26 - 43

Detroit 35 - UA 30

Bob M - 24- UA 36

UCF - 25 - UA 22

FAU - 28 - UA 33

Siana - 35 - UA 30

Your rebound numbers are off..you're not including team rebounds..the Siena game was actually 'tied'..37-37..Danes had 7 team boards..Aints had 2.

I pulled these from ESPN....I might have to go recheck the UA box scores.

EDIT: Tried to go through the box scores on the UA site...all of the links (to box scores) are dead links, with only the Siena link working. This isn't the first time I've noticed ESPN posting inaccurate information.

Sometimes it's an indicator of general athletic abilities. Some people just jump higher!

Sometimes it's an indicator of general athletic abilities. Some people just jump higher!

On occasion yes but we haven't been the picture of pure athleticism over the last 5 years or so and we've dominated the glass.

In the true nature of the upcoming event, I thought I'd point out that you misspelled the title of this thread. It should read:

UA @ $iena

I have a feeling the $ is one reason there is never a Siena/Albany game at SEFCU! Has UAlbany ever offered your facility? I think they prefer a portion of the gate downtown instead so, let's resist making Siena a villain here.

Archived