UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Siena

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't post very often but I attend as many home & road games as possible. I try to never say anything negative. This was awful. UA fans never had a chance to even root for anything. After a very promising effort against UCF, the team has played 2 awful games.

There's a lot to scrutinize, but I am just going to wallow instead.

Albany just committed another travel.

Awful. What a S*@t game. Why is it that this team can't run an offensive set ? This is turning into a joke. With Gifford out there, it's 5 guys defending 4. He brings nothing to the offensive end. Rossiter ate him alive tonight. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on with this team ? Seems like anytime we play a team that has any athletes, we might as well call it a night.

Stayed till the bitter end. I actually wanted to see if we'd shoot a free throw before the game was over. By the time we did I figured "what the hell" might as well stay till the horn.

Siena is very talented and well-coached and we were lost out there. That former identity this team had as a defensive and rebounding team is gone for now.

well, this week has shown me a great deal about this team. I don't see us coming close to winning the conference.

A long way to go. Issues and deficiencies too numerous to mention. I sure hope he knows what he is doing.

Winter track season begins in 5 weeks. Can't wait.

That's a team you can count on.

Awful. What a S*@t game. Why is it that this team can't run an offensive set ? This is turning into a joke. With Gifford out there, it's 5 guys defending 4. He brings nothing to the offensive end. Rossiter ate him alive tonight. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on with this team ? Seems like anytime we play a team that has any athletes, we might as well call it a night.

Ready to jump on the hot seat bandwagon? That was a pathetic showing last night and over the past few games.

Ready to jump on the hot seat bandwagon? That was a pathetic showing last night and over the past few games.

NO!

No! To much of the season left.

Let's see, in a word...embarrassing.

As for Tony's words of encouragement, thanks but UA really isn't young. We could be young. We aren't.

Started the game w/ 3 Srs and 2 Jrs. Even in a game that was a blowout from 10 minutes in the bulk of minutes went to upper classmen. Our much heralded freshman guards played a combined 24 minutes, the bulk in absolute garbage time. Was this because Mike Johnson played so well? Could Mike Black have played better against Moore? Who knows, but why not find out. Johnson was overmatched on both ends of the floor. 29 minutes- 1 assist, four TO's, and broken down defensively over and over.

Can we try something different? Anything? Go small? Press?

Coach continues to run Brett Gifford out there (and maybe in AE competition that will work, I hope so) when it is obvious we needed somebody quicker on the floor against Rossiter and Franklin. 15 minutes - 0 points, 0 rebounds.

Any suggestions? Can coach change? Can Scotty play as a center and provide some athleticism to our front court? 12 minutes - 4 boards, 2 points, and our only blocked shot.

Giff is a nice guy but let's face it....really should be about 8th or 9th guy in the rotation getting 5 minutes a game.....He never really developed.

Time to start and finish (and in between) with Metcalf. At least the kid ran the floor and battled down low on the boards with Franklin. He has 5rb and 2ast in 21 minutes.

Archived