UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Siena

Giff is a nice guy but let's face it....really should be about 8th or 9th guy in the rotation getting 5 minutes a game.....He never really developed.

I'm a nice guy, can't play D1 ball though. What's the fixation? Loyalty I guess. Last tie to the glory days? Just can't explain it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time Gifford is near or touches the ball on the offensive end it is a freakin' adventure wondering what he will do. you guys are right. he never really developed. It is time to pine him and let him spell Metcalf, Lindfors and co. rather than visa versa.

"the future is now...."-----The late coach George Allen.

Awful. What a S*@t game. Why is it that this team can't run an offensive set ? This is turning into a joke. With Gifford out there, it's 5 guys defending 4. He brings nothing to the offensive end. Rossiter ate him alive tonight. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on with this team ? Seems like anytime we play a team that has any athletes, we might as well call it a night.

Ready to jump on the hot seat bandwagon? That was a pathetic showing last night and over the past few games.

No! To much of the season left.

UA has been awful in OOC play over the past few years and 1-7 against Siena in the Albany Cup. Brown hasn't brought in enough viable talent to develop the program and they are stuck in nuetral, acctually going in full reverse from the 2 AE titles. Time to put the Heat on Will Brown and start demanding some results.

ALBANY — Siena pounded crosstown rival UAlbany 83-54 Saturday night in downtown Albany in a game that wasn’t nearly that close, leaving 12,960 spectators with little doubt as to who the area’s best college team is…again. - Siena Sports Info. Dept.

Bitter pill to swallow....but lets not get bitter....time to get better.

First chance to see this team in person last night, and boy was it a disaster. Here are some of my observations, as I try to look for some positives in a game full of negatives:

Tim Ambrose is our only offensive threat...and Siena knew that. Tim was getting doubled on almost every possesion. Yes, Will Harris gets his points, but he only seemed to play well against Siena's bench...This team DESPERATELY needs to recruit some offensive-minded players.

Why is Brett Gifford on this team? Every single game I've been too in the last four years he has looked confused and out of position on nearly every possesion. He can't contribute offensively, and he's a defensive liability (Rossiter and Franklin had Gifford running in circles last night). Please, play him 2 minutes on senior day, but otherwise just leave him on the bench where he belongs. Metcalf and Lindfors at least have some promise...I like Metcalf's energy as I think he gives a nice spark off the bench, especially for a big man. Lindfors looks ok, but he seems to have Scotty McRae syndrome since he's constantly chucking up 3's...

I thought Tartt and Ulri looked ok...Ulri did seem to be playing a bit reserved early on though.

One of my biggest concerns is our rebounding. For the last couple of years, rebounding has been one of the strength's of this team, and I did not see it last night. I think its a problem when a 6' guard is leading the team in boards. Rebounding was one of the things that allowed UA to stay close with better teams, but this year I havent really gotten the sense that they'd been hitting the glass with the same energy.

Overall, it was embarressing, but I think that its not a game to lose sleep over. Siena is one of the best mid-majors in the country...their 3 loses were to major conference schools. Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me if they only lost 1 game for the rest of the season. Ubiles is a potential NBA player, and the only guy on our team who would start for them would be Ambrose. The rivalry makes it sting, but there are many more important games on our schedule.

I think everything that needs to be said about last nights game has been said already. We were out hustled, embarased, etc. The biggest thing which really bothered me last night was how terrible our transition D was. You know that Siena is going to run with all those athletes and yet we still seemed unprepared for it. Good news is this is still just another OOC game and this all goes away if we beat UVM January 10th, and BU January 19th. I was very disapointed that some people in the student section were calling for CB's head during the game, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast when you're frustrated. I think everyone needs to take a step back and remember that we went to back to back NCAA tournaments just 4]3 years a go, and these losses are OOC. Let's wait until March until we asses the success or failure of this season

I think everything that needs to be said about last nights game has been said already. We were out hustled, embarased, etc. The biggest thing which really bothered me last night was how terrible our transition D was. You know that Siena is going to run with all those athletes and yet we still seemed unprepared for it. Good news is this is still just another OOC game and this all goes away if we beat UVM January 10th, and BU January 19th. I was very disapointed that some people in the student section were calling for CB's head during the game, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast when you're frustrated. I think everyone needs to take a step back and remember that we went to back to back NCAA tournaments just 4]3 years a go, and these losses are OOC. Let's wait until March until we asses the success or failure of this season

The rest of the way we should be looking to see if this team improves....the goal is to get ready for conference play even though the last two games have been complete garbage. Tuesday is an important game.....

The rest of the way we should be looking to see if this team improves....the goal is to get ready for conference play even though the last two games have been complete garbage. Tuesday is an important game.....

The way the team has played all season indicates there has been no improvement from last season. Some young players look good but will be hampered by Brown's ineffective offense and poor rotation. If UA plays like this heading into conference play they will get smoked.

It's time to really settle down and lock into a rotation.....

Metcalf

Urli

Harris

Ambrose

MJ

Bench - McRae, Lindfors, Logan, Tartt, Giff

A 6' tall Ambrose got 7rb...how can you be 7' and not get one by accident?

Now this is not meant to be anything more than a question. I do not claim to be a xx & oo's guy, but.....

why not take Johnson out of the equation all together? In all honesty, what does he bring to the table? He looked horrible last night, repeatedly getting burnt but Moore time and again. Why not let Ambrose run the point w/ Tartt backing him up there. Johnson is neither a threat to penetrate or create his own shot, so teams key on defending the perimeter on Harris / Ambrose, who then have to resort to having to get "handed" the ball in order to start the set....It's the same thing over and over again.

If Tim runs the point, much the way Jamar used to, the offense would open up to all as teams now will have to cheat inside a bit more...

Metcalf

Urli

Harris

Ambrose

MJ

Now this is not meant to be anything more than a question. I do not claim to be a xx & oo's guy, but.....

why not take Johnson out of the equation all together? In all honesty, what does he bring to the table? He looked horrible last night, repeatedly getting burnt but Moore time and again. Why not let Ambrose run the point w/ Tartt backing him up there. Johnson is neither a threat to penetrate or create his own shot, so teams key on defending the perimeter on Harris / Ambrose, who then have to resort to having to get "handed" the ball in order to start the set....It's the same thing over and over again.

If Tim runs the point, much the way Jamar used to, the offense would open up to all as teams now will have to cheat inside a bit more...

Interesting thought, but I don't believe that Tim has the handle that Jamar did.

Metcalf

Urli

Harris

Ambrose

MJ

Interesting thought, but I don't believe that Tim has the handle that Jamar did.

With all due respect to Jamar... There were a lot of 5, 6 & 7 turnover nights in his illustrious career. go back and check the box scores. Point is the good would outweigh the bad

Oldtimer...you just gave me a good chuckle and cringe; DOC was all about man ball you. Btwn that and "move...move...move"...I dont think he valued anything much more (except for non-shooting drills in practice.

Awesome memory...

Archived