UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Siena

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my tix. Heard that 12,000 are sold as of today. That inlcudes the majority of Siena fans using the "early bird special" tickets they got out of the Capital Region Senior Citizen discount book.

I heard they are handing them out at local senior citizen homes....also, there is some concern about the late start, the concern is how do you get them all home after they've dozed off.

Siena is streaming it so it might show up on channelsurfing.net

Great---I will let my people know.

Doubt the game will end up on channel surfing-- you can purchase the game feed here

http://www.stretchinternet.com/sienaschedule.html

One other thing- good luck in the game – I think you guys are gonna need it ;) should be a great atmosphere and another in a long line of good games

Some pre-game stories:

Drawing Up game plans - TU

More than just another game to rivals - Record

Playing for pride in big game - TU

A lot less banter about the game this year than there has been, fine by me. Not sure if it's not having a full week leading up to the game or the fact that both teams are licking their wounds a little after the start to the season.

Seems like most of the pregame story has framed tonight as Ambrose/Harris vs. Siena. To me it's as much how Mike Johnson plays on both ends of the floor. He's not going to have many tougher matchups than tonight.

Looking to Urli to be more of a saftey valve than we've had in the past in a big guy. I haven't seen him a lot but if he needs to it seems like he can put the ball on the floor and bring it up.

Some pre-game stories:

Drawing Up game plans - TU

More than just another game to rivals - Record

Playing for pride in big game - TU

A lot less banter about the game this year than there has been, fine by me. Not sure if it's not having a full week leading up to the game or the fact that both teams are licking their wounds a little after the start to the season.

Seems like most of the pregame story has framed tonight as Ambrose/Harris vs. Siena. To me it's as much how Mike Johnson plays on both ends of the floor. He's not going to have many tougher matchups than tonight.

Looking to Urli to be more of a saftey valve than we've had in the past in a big guy. I haven't seen him a lot but if he needs to it seems like he can put the ball on the floor and bring it up.

I'll be watching to see how we handle the press...handle the press and not let them turn us over and we'll have our chances. I'd also play the percentages with Moore again, he is a horrid shooter, also get physical with their wings especially Ubiles if he plays but to a lesser extent CJ. Ubiles has a knack to go into his shell a bit if bodied hard.

QFE!!!

[quote name='bosiydid' date='05 December 2009 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1260025977' also get physical with their wings especially Ubiles if he plays but to a lesser extent CJ. Ubiles has a knack to go into his shell a bit if bodied hard.

The problem with trying to get physical with those two guys is that we'd be doing it with our two leading scorers and possibly putting them in foul trouble.

We've tried to cheat off Moore in the past and it hasn't gone that well but I agree there aren't a ton of options. He is so quick and such a smart player, seems like he rarely makes mistakes. I thought MJ did a little better job against him in the second half of last year's game (than Raffa did.)

Archived