UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: River Rats gone to Charlotte

GreatDanes06

That would be weird if the Soundtigers moved out of Bridgeport. I always thought the Islanders loved have the franchise so close to LI. Has Bridgeport had attendance issues? Don't they play at a pretty descent arena?

I don't think it has any impact on UA, just like the Conquest folding has zero impact on UA.

[rant]

Albany is a college sports town. These rich guys and their minor-league sports teams are nothing more than a money wasting hobby.

The Capital Region has two great Division I hockey programs it could support if it was in such dire need of hockey.

My feelings are the same with the Patroons and Conquest.

Why does the CR need the Conquest? Support UA football.

Why does the CR need the Patroons? Support Siena and UA basketball.

I understand NY Penn baseball as the bulk of the season is during the summer when there are no college sports.

[/rant]

Sorry.

That would be weird if the Soundtigers moved out of Bridgeport. I always thought the Islanders loved have the franchise so close to LI. Has Bridgeport had attendance issues? Don't they play at a pretty descent arena?

I don't follow Bridgeport or the AHL that closely to answer most of your question such as attendance issues. I have been to the arena once for a Soundtiger game and it is much nicer than the Knick as are most arenas I have been to.

Does anyone know of any colleges that share a facility for basketball?

Not only do the Philadelphia Big Five play against each other at the Palestra, Temple plays some OOC home games there (VaTech and St. John's this year), and the Palestra is owned by the University of Pennsylvania, not a public facility like the TUC.

But I don't know if any two colleges share an arena as the designated full-time home court for both teams.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=mlh/stat/ahl-attendance.htm

All of these reports of teams coming to Albany to replace the Rats are all very fishy. Why would a Hartford or Bridgeport move to Albany when they are closer to their affiliates now where they are rather than go further north and Albany has drawn the fourth worst in the league? I think the current brass of the Rats are trying to keep people coming by reassuring them.

The only hope for Albany is if Portland, ME moves in because it would be closer to Buffalo and in their TV market.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/955028.html

As for Albany basketball moving to the TU to fill the void. I'm sure a 6-21 basketball team will be a huge draw for people to come to downtown Albany.

Archived