UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Friday Poll

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of the talk I've seen about this has been on the AE board where the Albany fans who posted have been against it. Just curious if that has been the majority. I have to admit this would probably annoy some MAAC fans which might be kind of fun. Honestly I'd prefer it over a trip to Binghamton although I don't think we'll have to worry about that for a while.

I think it would draw a heck alot more fans... hardcore team fanatics and the casual, local ones.

Would it pull local residents that wouldn't otherwise go to the UA campus to see it?

Is the downtown location more appealing for lots of people coming from out of town - AE fans and UA alum?

Would UA students be more interested?

Maybe it would start prompting the TU to be more favorable towards the university in general.

I voted YES.

I think it would draw a heck alot more fans... hardcore team fanatics and the casual, local ones.

Would it pull local residents that wouldn't otherwise go to the UA campus to see it?

Is the downtown location more appealing for lots of people coming from out of town - AE fans and UA alum?

Maybe it would start prompting the TU to be more favorable towards the university in general.

I voted YES.

The TU has tried to get us to play some of our games at the TUC. In fact if you look at the latest Siena contract with the TUC, you'll see the provision that locked us or any other school out of the TUC +/- certain number of days around a Siena game has been stripped out at the behest of the TUC.

Still doesn't mean I want to go and watch games there...I will say though that if we can play a game or two here or there at the TUC and IT WILL HELP RECRUITING. I'd be OK with it.

The other thing I absolutely HATE about the TUC is that stupid floor Sienna plays on. Don't they have ANY pull with the TUC, I mean come on! Put a graphic of Loudy somewhere on there or something.

I voted YES.

The TU has tried to get us to play some of our games at the TUC. In fact if you look at the latest Siena contract with the TUC, you'll see the provision that locked us or any other school out of the TUC +/- certain number of days around a Siena game has been stripped out at the behest of the TUC.

Still doesn't mean I want to go and watch games there...I will say though that if we can play a game or two here or there at the TUC and IT WILL HELP RECRUITING. I'd be OK with it.

The other thing I absolutely HATE about the TUC is that stupid floor Sienna plays on. Don't they have ANY pull with the TUC, I mean come on! Put a graphic of Loudy somewhere on there or something.

Think about it clickster... all of those siena fans wouldn't be there, so the tu center would feel and smell 1000X better right off the bat!

If we played all of our games there, I think it dramatically improves the recruiting. I think UAlbany students end up downtown in droves, and become loyal, dedicated fans. IMO, being 'downtown' in the 'big' arena near the 'bars & restaurants' creates an energy, excitement & stir that doesn't happen at sefcu. I think it generates a ton of interest and it would be promoted by the TU.

I may hear some slack from that, but.....

It wouldn't be my first choice of a place to have it. All the AE arenas are better places to watch basketball than the Knick although a few of them would not be big enough for the tourney. The Knick would be too big. However if it was there I would still go

If they do have it in the Knick, let's hope the AE uses the leverage they have and does it right. I go to other things in the arena. When the ncaa brings the ncaa hockey tournament, all the safety school and 5th rate school banners or whatever come down. The banners honoring a drunk and other people I never heard of also come down.

Last night I went to the last River Rat game and all that crap was still up. Why the river Rats allow that was beyond me. Hopefully the new hockey team coming in does not. And it gets worse. I went up to the beer stand before the game and saw they had 2 stack of cups. One with a River Rat logo and a Molson logo and the other with a $iena logo, so I said I have a Molson and the girl reaches for a $iena cup instead of the Molson/River Rat cup. I said put the Molson in the Molson cup and she says she can't. Are you kidding me. If you are a team or league playing there, you can not allow them to put your products in inferior "packaging".

Same principle would apply to the court. All the inferior league and/or team logo and colors that are on the court must come off.

no such thing as too big. if they put a 30,000 seat football stadium on campus would you say its too big if we can only fill a third of the stadium?

if we had 5,000 for the tournament in a 15,000 seat arena it is the same thing.

bring the tournament back to albany!

no such thing as too big. if they put a 30,000 seat football stadium on campus would you say its too big if we can only fill a third of the stadium?

Building a stadium is a little different than hosting a 1 weekend event. A stadium hopefully will last for a while and hopefully you continue to build the fan base during its life so you would want to build it with some what larger capacity than current attendance if you can. But even then I don't want a stadium that is way too big.

As far a weekend event where you expect to draw 4,000 - 5,000 fans. If all other factors were the same, I ALWAYS would rather have that in an existing arena that holds 5,000 over one that holds 15,000 .

Building a stadium is a little different than hosting a 1 weekend event. A stadium hopefully will last for a while and hopefully you continue to build the fan base during its life so you would want to build it with some what larger capacity than current attendance if you can. But even then I don't want a stadium that is way too big.

As far a weekend event where you expect to draw 4,000 - 5,000 fans. If all other factors were the same, I ALWAYS would rather have that in an existing arena that holds 5,000 over one that holds 15,000 .

very true. i just want to see albany go to the tournament every year and having them host is an advantage. i would rather them advance in an atmosphere that may not be the best for college basketball than not advancing in boston or binghamton

• 2 weeks later...

Archived