UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ GT

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the feelings going into this game are very similar to what was being felt going into the UNC game last year even though UNC was perceived to be a lot better than GT is this year. Looking at the kind of team GT is and the way this game is likely to play out, I don't see them beating us by 60, doubling us up or anything crazy like that. I expect anything between a 15-25 point loss.

So I see it didn't take long for coach to stop his tweets.

Not really...

UAHOOPSWB will brown

On our way to Atlanta. Late night in the office breaking down film after the game. American is good. Veteran group!

Hahaha I guess someone reads this board lol. Hopefully he sticks with his tweets throughout the season unlike last year when he stopped tweeting after the conference opener.

As bad as we have played this far (and considering Black's absence), we could possibly earn a FREAK win, seeing as they barely beat Division 2, Clark AU by 3 in OVERTIME. They then lost to local school Kennesaw St., and never led in the game apparently. We are either in for a beating, or perhaps could pull off one of the biggest wins in our program.

"Clark AU basketball proved it is ready for 2010-2011(at least in my mind they are) by making a nervous wreck of the Rambling Wrecks of Georgia Tech, forcing them into overtime before escaping with a 71-68 victory."

I admire the optimism! I'm not sure how good Kennesaw St. is this year, last year they were 13-20 including two wins over D2 teams.

Put up a preview on PAGN. This GTech squad is shaky and they don't have an offensive identity, but they have a few guys who can light it up... and in front of a home crowd and post Kenn St. loss, I expect they will. It seemed like Kennesaw state as 3-4 real offensive weapons and they were all firing).

Also, wanted to thank Ilko for the highlights vids he's putting up on PAGN, they look great- here's to hoping the team gives him some more material to work with as we move forward!

And watching Detroit holding their own against 'Cuse now. They are a good team, we are really going to struggle with their talent.

I admire the optimism! I'm not sure how good Kennesaw St. is this year, last year they were 13-20 including two wins over D2 teams.

Put up a preview on PAGN. This GTech squad is shaky and they don't have an offensive identity, but they have a few guys who can light it up... and in front of a home crowd and post Kenn St. loss, I expect they will. It seemed like Kennesaw state as 3-4 real offensive weapons and they were all firing).

Also, wanted to thank Ilko for the highlights vids he's putting up on PAGN, they look great- here's to hoping the team gives him some more material to work with as we move forward!

And watching Detroit holding their own against 'Cuse now. They are a good team, we are really going to struggle with their talent.

You're welcome. I wanted to make a PAGN YouTube channel but since I already have an account under my email, I wasn't able to.

Just read your preview. I'll bet $20 that Ambrose doesn't start. Last year, Brown was criticized for a constantly changing player rotation (and starting line-up). This year, he seems reluctant to make any changes, even necessary ones. (Only based on the first two games, but I've got a bad feeling.) I doubt Tartt will see playing time either. He had limited minutes last year as well - is it a confidence thing? He seems hesitant, nervous, but still takes care of the ball. Overall, I see Coach Brown sticking with the same starting five and the nine-man rotation; maybe Metcalf replaces Puk because of the Achilles injury.

What about Theo Hatcher? Wasn't he supposed to be a scoring machine?

Any theories on why Billy Allen hasn't played at all? I've seen the comments about his poor shooting stats, but for a guy who Brown considered promoting to captain last year AND who was tasked with guarding Stony Brook's El-Amin, it's a little surprising! (I don't have an opinion on whether he should play, FYI.)

Archived