UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Weekend in Detroit

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him, but stat line of the night (not Aronhalts 5-23) Blake Metcalf:

5 minutes

5 fouls

and all 0's. No RB's, TO's, points, nothing.

What kind of QB rating is that?

Ryan Leaf-esque.

I was going to point out Blake's night also, but I gave him a slide. Still, from one of your captains you would like to see some sort of numbers besides fouls.

I like him, but stat line of the night (not Aronhalts 5-23) Blake Metcalf:

5 minutes

5 fouls

and all 0's. No RB's, TO's, points, nothing.

What kind of QB rating is that?

You're missing the boat McFan, statline of the night is John Puk 7 boards, 4 blocks (and I think he may have had more) in 40 minutes holding his own down low against Eli Holman (most of his damage came against others). We need him healthy, because he can anchor a defense. We need Blake and his energy in spot minutes, but we don't need him to stay on the floor, we need Puk to.

Great point about Puk, Doc. Playing against a big athletic frontcourt Puk held his own. Ditto for Devlin with another double-double tonight.

On the bright side Blake should be fresh in tomorrow's game.

Should also mention Tim. 18 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 assists with just 2 turnovers. I was thinking when I watched this game that this might be the first time in his career that Tim has played with a good PG.

Where are you guys getting the box? ESPN doesn't have it yet.

Black I thought looked good for the most part, at least on two occasions he made a perfect pass to an open Dane and they missed shots. I thought to myself, I can't remember the last time someone found one of our guys open like that off of penetration. A lot of Black's TO's are stupid, one was not paying attention on an inbound with no one there when Danes inbounded on the far side from the camera.

Black I thought looked good for the most part, at least on two occasions he made a perfect pass to an open Dane and they missed shots. I thought to myself, I can't remember the last time someone found one of our guys open like that off of penetration. A lot of Black's TO's are stupid, one was not paying attention on an inbound with no one there when Danes inbounded on the far side from the camera.

Do you think Black was the reason they played so well or were they just on?

Player stats are up here:

http://detroittitans.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbaskbl.html?event=961106&school=detm&sport=mbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

here you go click clack: http://detroittitans.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbaskbl.html?event=961106&school=detm&sport=mbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

yeah, agreed. a lot of rust for black that we'd be murdering ambrose for, but all in all, totally changes the game having the ability to break down a defense. can't wait until AE conference- hopefully we'll have our health

Do you think Black was the reason they played so well or were they just on?

Luke Devlin going bananas in the first half had little to do with Black, but overall Black made a huge difference. Iati looked terrible early, he was getting eating alive by McCallum. Without Black, I think game would've slipped away much much earlier.

What Black does is put pressure on the D, something Iati can't do. In the AE, I'd like to see Iati backup Black.

You know I was one of the guys that wanted Metcalf to start over Puk, after today I'm done with that. Puk is just much better anchoring the D inside. This guy has IMO the most potential I've seen out of any pivot we've had in my time following the program. Today 7rb, 4blks against a better team. Really excited about him, maybe not this year but down the road.

I gotta give it up to Ambrose, I've killed him in the past but he's turning in a sweet senior year. Very happy for him, he is more under control then I've ever seen him.

Opinion questions:

1. Who had the best game for UA?

2. Who played the worst?

3. Who should have played (more) but didn't?

4. Who should have played less?

5. Most impressive performance - by whom and why?

6. One thing you saw that made you optimistic about the season. (Or more than one thing.)

7. Most important area of improvement needed.

Archived