UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Dear UAlbany Season Ticket Holders,

I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to the warm spring months. I just wanted to take a few minutes to update everyone on a number of different things going on in the Athletic Department.

1. Construction has begun on the new multi-sport complex!!!! The SEFCU Arena Parking Lot is still open during gamedays but one of the sections has been closed off for the construction crew.

2. Within the next few months a live feed of the construction will be available for free on UAlbany’s Athletics website. This feed will keep everyone updated on the progress of the stadium.

3. Details for next season’s football and basketball season tickets is currently being worked out. We will have more details in the coming weeks on ticket information.

4. Lastly, the annual UAlbany Great Dane Golf Classic is June 4th. Alumni Association is sponsoring a discount for the morning flight of $175.

Thank you for making this past basketball season one of the most successful in school history, we greatly appreciate everything you do for this program!

Go Great Danes,

Brian Rudolph

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Announcements 100x larger than a stadium's ceremonial groundbreaking are made on facebook, twitter and/or other social media platforms.

Email and newspaper announcements out now; and I still insist "social" media is not appropriate for professional announcements. I do not use Facebook or twitter. It is not that I am not computer savvy, it is just that I do not have any friends. Maybe we could have gotten our stadium sooner, if people had gotten out from behind their social media and actually went to a few more real social events like live football, basketball games, etc.

Phoenix nothing personal intended, just me being prejudice (another word for stupidity for sure).

Archived