UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday there was also some equipment (two frontloaders, a backhoe, and a roller) next to SEFCU Arena

fordfield.jpg

Now that most of the speculation is over, I think we should start a new thread when actual construction starts.

The ditch above has been filled with asphalt to serve as a temporary sidewalk from the lot to the RACC during construction.

Not directly related, but the area west of the baseball field was being scraped by several large pieces of equipment this afternoon. It's to be releveled and resodded to give the Giants a couple of extra practice fields this summer, while Ford Field is under construction.

Mark Singelais ‏ @MarkSingelais

UAlbany confirms that Whiting-Turner is the firm hired to build the new athletic facilities. Put in a low bid of $15.96 million in February.

By the sound of it the bid is significantly lower then the school expected...I wonder if any additions can be made.

When the same company built RPI's East Campus Stadium, which did include locker rooms, a weight room, and sports medicine facilities, they broke ground August 26, 2007, topped off the last piece of steel in place in May 2008, and opened August 29, 2009.

UAlbany confirms that Whiting-Turner is the firm hired to build the new athletic facilities. Put in a low bid of $15.96 million in February.

By the sound of it the bid is significantly lower then the school expected...I wonder if any additions can be made.

A number of "additions" were selected and will be incorporated in the project.

Can you elaborate? Small trivial items or something of significance?

Yah...I mean seriously. That is like putting a steak in front of someone who hasn't seen food in weeks. Mouthwatering, but painful on the belly.

Are we talking more suites? Permanent seating (please...please...i vote for this). Double tier pressbox? Lockerrooms (as the article states).

We need to know.

Worst post EVER in the history of this board...

Archived