UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this game being streamed live for free?

or at all for that matter?

Only Gametracker on NU site. Not much to see - down 12-3 with 4:13 left in the half. Albany goalie not playing for 'not meeting team standards'.

Not the way you'd like to see the season end but still congratulations to the team for an outstanding year. It's going to be an exciting time when one of our lax teams breaks through to the final four.

Only Gametracker on NU site. Not much to see - down 12-3 with 4:13 left in the half. Albany goalie not playing for 'not meeting team standards'.

Tough loss without our star goalie. Any word on why?? Dumbfounded that they would suspend her from such an important game.

Tough loss without our star goalie. Any word on why?? Dumbfounded that they would suspend her from such an important game.

Without specific information, all we can do is speculate. So, in my speculation . . . and I really hope I am wrong about this, and if so, I will gladly admit it . . . but if the "team standards" have to do with academics, then it is INEXCUSABLE on the part of the coaching staff and the Athletic Department to let her situation get to this degree . . . sure, final grades were posted only last Tuesday, but failing/low grades are NOT a surprise, despite what students might argue. And as a first-year student playing in her first season at D-1 level, she should have been watched especially carefully, and every available means of help made available . . .and perhaps that was done, but was there ever a point where it seemed to be more important for her to keep playing regularly than address serious academic concerns, which should have been obvious from mid-semester on? It's great that she helped UA go undefeated, and exactly what did THAT mean? I repeat: this is only SPECULATION, and I hope I'm wrong.

Archived