UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Come on, really? Graduate student commencement is at 9 am Saturday, a Family Picnic from 1 to 4, and Torch Night at 8:30. Sunday's undergrad commencement is at 10 am. Should be able to fit a two-hour game in somewhere.

Baseball is playing both afternoons.

I agree with 72; something smells bad about this. Listening to coach say he was just happy to be include in the "ranked" teams with the upper echelon, sounded like the politically correct thing to say. He also went on to say NH was a nice commute for parents and fans; but I got the feeling he wanted to say when your 17-0 Fallon field should have been all the commute one needed to make. I think McElroy should be making some noice .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this answers the question...

"The No. 7-seeded Danes and Big Green will play at 1 p.m. Sunday in Hanover, N.H. As a seeded team, UAlbany normally would host the game, but it's unable to because of commencement that weekend."

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Dartmouth-awaits-Danes-in-tournament-1371387.php

No that doesn't answer the question. who made the decision? Is our field being used for graduation? Is the athletic staff unable to do what is normally involved in hosting a game from selling tickets to getting the field ready,etc because they are involved with graduation?

Got to agree with posts already made, this is not good.

They earned a home game and the NCAA denying them that is bad enough. If it is UA who made the decision that is even worse.

We've hosted an NCAA tournament game in the past, with a lesser lacrosse field. Therefore, it couldn't be the NCAA's decision, imo.

It had to be the university administration. They decided that they wouldn't make adjustments.

It must be due to graduation, and it was a horrible decision.

It's one of the most riduclous things I've heard in a very long time. Pathetic.

Somebody at UA needs to own-up. The team, parents, fans and the community deserve an explanation. Was this an ncaa decision or did UA choose ridculously not to host?? Like I said previously, Dr. McElroy needs to make some noise. There are times when being politically correct is important and times when fighting for what's right is even more important.

I have been a season ticket holder basketball/football/volleyball and lacrosse for as long as season tickets have been available (almost 40 years in some sports) and this latest whimmpy response along with the long delayed stadium has me saying WHY BOTHER? The administration does not seem to care at all about athletics.

Somebody at UA needs to own-up. The team, parents, fans and the community deserve an explanation. Was this an ncaa decision or did UA choose ridculously not to host?? Like I said previously, Dr. McElroy needs to make some noise. There are times when being politically correct is important and times when fighting for what's right is even more important.

I have been a season ticket holder basketball/football/volleyball and lacrosse for as long as season tickets have been available (almost 40 years in some sports) and this latest whimmpy response along with the long delayed stadium has me saying WHY BOTHER? The administration does not seem to care at all about athletics.

I get the feeling this decision was made higher up than McElroy.

Archived