UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Filien out at UA

So does this start two rumors? Fillien for HC at Vermont and Mike Deane joins the staff at UA? I guess I just started those rumors.

Seriously, I wish him well wherever he lands. He always seemed like a good guy and respected in the AE.

PS. Bob, I'm sorry if the mention of Mike Deane at UA made you sick to your stomach.

Will be interesting to see what Coach Brown does here. I know Brent Wilson played the 4 spot..but I wonder if he'd be considered enough of a 'big man' to have a shot at the position..given his style of play when he was on the court. If that internal route was pursued..maybe we could then try to snag Jon Iati from Quinnipiac for the Operations Director role?

I'm curious to see where Filien ends up.

So does this start two rumors? Fillien for HC at Vermont and Mike Deane joins the staff at UA? I guess I just started those rumors.

Seriously, I wish him well wherever he lands. He always seemed like a good guy and respected in the AE.

PS. Bob, I'm sorry if the mention of Mike Deane at UA made you sick to your stomach.

DP

No problem. Less than 24 hours later there is another local opening better suited for Deane's "personality"

I also wish Filien well where ever he ends up.

Edited by bob87

There's a little more about this on One Bid Wonders.

I'm certainly not opposed to Brent Wilson moving up we'd have a really young staff with him and Friel. Almost sounds like from the article they'd be looking at an experienced recruited.

Pretty much the reasoning I think most of us were assuming.

By only mentioning that Friel and Wilson could move up..the article seems to suggest that Filien was the #2 Asst and O'Donnell was #1. My understanding is/was that Filien was the #1 Asst.

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...