UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Meet & Greet 10/17

Does anyone know if there will be a Purple/Gold scrimmage in conjunction with the meet and greet reception 10/17?

If not; does any know if and when there will be a chance to see the team scrimmage?

There will NOT be a scrimmage on the 17...there will be one announced probably this week at a later date, a bit closer to the first game.

Does anyone know if there will be a Purple/Gold scrimmage in conjunction with the meet and greet reception 10/17?

If not; does any know if and when there will be a chance to see the team scrimmage?

There will NOT be a scrimmage on the 17...there will be one announced probably this week at a later date, a bit closer to the first game.

For anyone not at the meet and greet, the scrimmage was announced for Friday Evening Nov 4

For anyone not at the meet and greet, the scrimmage was announced for Friday Evening Nov 4

At 7 PM.

Really well done event tonight at the Hall of Fame Room. Players introduced themselves and answered some questions from Coach Brown. There was a video that included some interviews with the players done by CB and then a Q+A sessions. A few of the highlights for me:

-Sam Rowley was a bouncer at a bar in Australia in high school. Also played rugby and they are going to start referring to him as "the enforcer." We need a guy like that.

-Tanner Gibson's dunk over Logan Aronhalt to open practice was mentioned several times.

- Jon Puk looks like he was waiting for Tim Ambrose to leave so that he had more time in the weight room. Seems like he's added a lot of muscle.

- Coaching staff seems looser and more confident that I've seen them in a long time.

-Regardless of what he does on the floor I'm glad Ralph Watts is part of our program. He made the most of his interview sessions and seems like a first class person.

- We are going to hopefully play less zone this year. There will be other surprises this year, maybe more pressing and trapping.

- We have a lot more talent on offense this year.

The food was good too.

Any word on TV games?

That question was not asked.

One thing he did talk about that DP did not mention was coaches vs cancer event coming up. It is Wednesday November 2nd at Hilton Garden Inn in Troy. IMO, Obviously for a good cause and 1 time it would be worthwhile to put up with siena clowns in the building.

http://www.capitalcoachesvscancer.org/

At 7 PM.

Really well done event tonight at the Hall of Fame Room. Players introduced themselves and answered some questions from Coach Brown. There was a video that included some interviews with the players done by CB and then a Q+A sessions. A few of the highlights for me:

-Sam Rowley was a bouncer at a bar in Australia in high school. Also played rugby and they are going to start referring to him as "the enforcer." We need a guy like that.

-Tanner Gibson's dunk over Logan Aronhalt to open practice was mentioned several times.

- Jon Puk looks like he was waiting for Tim Ambrose to leave so that he had more time in the weight room. Seems like he's added a lot of muscle.

- Coaching staff seems looser and more confident that I've seen them in a long time.

-Regardless of what he does on the floor I'm glad Ralph Watts is part of our program. He made the most of his interview sessions and seems like a first class person.

- We are going to hopefully play less zone this year. There will be other surprises this year, maybe more pressing and trapping.

- We have a lot more talent on offense this year.

The food was good too.

DP, Your assessment of meet and greet is spot on, especially "Coaching staff seems looser and more confident"

UALBANY BASKETBALL FANS…DON’T MISS THE BUS!

Join the UAlbany Alumni Association as we board the bus to watch the UALBANY GREAT DANES play in the Carrier Dome on Tuesday, November 15, 2011. Show your PURPLE & GOLD pride and hop on the UALBANY fan bus for a fun road trip, exciting games & good times with fellow alumni friends!

We depart from UAlbany Alumni House at 1:00pm; Games tip off at 4:00pm & 7:00pm. Box lunch provided.

Discounted rate of $5 for bus, game ticket and box lunch for Varsity Level donors.

UAlbany vs. Siena Pregame Party

Join the annual tradition – UAlbany vs. Siena men’s basketball on Monday, Dec. 5. Before the game, stop by Wolf’s 1-11 Sport Arena (formerly Broadway Joe’s) for a bite to eat and a drink. Event is free for Varsity Level donors but you must register to attend.

Register for these events at www.albany.edu/alumni/register.htm

Carmelina S. Morrison | UAlbany Alumni Association

Associate Director, Alumni Programs

1400 Washington Avenue | Alumni House | Albany | New York | 12222

| o | 518.442.3084 | e | cmorrison@albany.edu

Make UAlbany Stronger. Stay Connected

I thought the part about who's team will it be - Mike or Logan's - was interesting. Both said they are fairly quiet guys. Not in the conversation was Blake Metcalf who I thought did a good job as captain last year, at least from the stands. I know he's not going to go out and get you 20 (points anyway, maybe rebounds) but he seemed pretty vocal in trying to rally the bench at times.

Archived