UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Purple & Gold game...

That was fun. Really great event. Players brought out pizza to the crowd after they finished playing. The only disappointing thing was we didn't get to see Meghan Craig play.

Mark S. has a write-up with the scoring on the TU blog.

Didn't realize Hooley was the leading scorer. I was as impressed as everyone else. Rowley as well.

There was no dunk contest. I spoke to Devlin and Hooley at center court when I was goign to get some drinks and pizza.

Hooley said Logan tweaked his back (nothing major - just precaution) and someone else rolled an ankle (didn't hear the name since he has a think Aussie accent). Plus they play Bucknell tomorrow.

My 2¢ from purple gold.

Came late and missed first qtr, but did not not see much from Suero.

Absolutely loved Hooley--shows a cockiness (which post game comments seem to support); plays with abandonment; and best of all seems to be having FUN out there. After trying to take a charge but got called for a foul, he was talking and laughing with his coach on the bench while running down court (he did this more than once) He kind of reminds me a bit of Raffa, but (unlike Raffa) Hooley appears willing to do whatever is asked of him.

I was impressed with Guerrier--could be a defensive stopper. Seems comfortable 2-4, shoots well, rebounds well and I noticed when he delivered pizza that he is flat out BUILT. Super sub for multiple positions.

I thought Chis Page looked comfortable and I really hope he does not get discouraged from lack of playing time, because I think he can be a good one--a real surprise even.

I paid a lot of attention to Tanner Gibson because of his Zanesville (I was glad he and Logan survived the tigers and bears) background and because I feel a backup to Black is critical; and he seemed comfortable and capable. It actually seems a weakness of last year (point backup) maybe a strength this year with Watts, Iatti, Hooley and Gibson all able to provide good minutes there.

I thought all the bigs played well (call me a polyanna), especially Puk. If our guards are as good as they appear to be, the bigs need only rebound, set picks, take up space, put back some garbage points and defend other bigs.Last night, they all seemed to be doing those things, at least against each other WELL; and Puk showed a nice touch away from and arround the basket.

Archived